OT: - Building a Culture of Respect - the Villanova Example | The Boneyard

OT: Building a Culture of Respect - the Villanova Example

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Inside Villanova's epic five-year run

Interesting read. A coach finally breaks through to the Final Four, and loses his way. Then he realizes what made him successful to start with and returned to the roots of his program...

Once the Wildcats had success on a national scale, expectations grew. "I got sloppy," Wright said. "After we went to the Final Four, it was easy to get guys. So rather than sit down with them and explain, 'Look, I know you want to come, but this is what we do,' I said, 'All right, good, he's a great player? All right, good... And then they got here, we start talking about it and they're like, 'Whoa, no one told me about that.' And they were right. We didn't explain to them what this was... We had hit rock bottom after that season," Wright said. "What are we doing? We're not helping these kids. We're not true to our culture. This is on me. This is a decision I made. This is the culture I've created since the Final Four. These are the guys I brought in. I've got to change."

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Dang it. I did a search for Villanova too, just to be sure. Well crap, time to delete this thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020
Top Bottom