OT: - - Bud Crawford | The Boneyard

OT: - Bud Crawford

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Unified Undisputed World Champion at 140 lbs after knocking out Indongo last night in 3 rounds in Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, NE.

Will he move up to 147 lbs? And where does he rank on the list of best pound for pound fighters in the world?

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The scene from PBA: Fight draws Crawford's biggest Nebraska crowd

Moving on up?: Bob Arum, CEO and founder of Top Rank, was asked what's next for Crawford. He said they'll see but did know the following.

"I know he's going to go with me to Australia in November for the Horn-Pacquio rematch and hopefully we'll match him with the winner," Arum said.

What did Crawford think of those plans?

"I'm all for it," Crawford said.

When he was later asked if Saturday was his last fight at 140 pounds, he gave an unequivocal yes. But when mention of vacating the belts was discussed, Crawford changed his tune a bit.

"We might play around and stick around for one more 140-pound fight," he said.

If and when he moves up to 147, what fighters does he want in the welterweight division?

"All of them. All of them."

Reaction Score
My #2 behind Ward, I wouldn't mind seeing him make one more mandatory defense at 140 if the weight cut isn't too bad for him against either Lipinets or Imam. If he moves up to 147 and waits for the winner of Horn/Pac that puts him on ice for at least 7-8 months and thats too long for someone thats hot right now. My other concern with a move up to 147 is will Arum stop with the in-house nonsense and play nice with Haymon since PBC has the best stable of 147lbers and most appealing matchups. After the winner of Pac/Horn and I guess Jessie Vargas(blah), Top Rank doesn't have much to offer at @ 147, nobody really appealing internationally that Arum could make a deal with either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg
Top Bottom