Bubble teams | The Boneyard

Bubble teams

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This was as of Tuesday:
  • Much to the delight of @triaddukefan , Duke made the cut in Creme's latest projection, and UNC is out.
  • Two C-USA teams -- Old Dominion and Western Kentucky -- are right on the cut line. And ODU just picked up a huge win over Rice.
  • After their awful collapse vs. Kansas State, West Virginia is right there on the bubble with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.
  • Somehow UCF has made its way back into the picture. Coach Abe knows how to game the RPI as well as anyone.
1581707938828.png

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or is this a really weak bubble this year? I won't shed a single tear if any of those 12 teams get left out.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or is this a really weak bubble this year? I won't shed a single tear if any of those 12 teams get left out.
But what if Washington was on the bubble? :D

Yes it's a weak bubble, and that's why teams like Tennessee and Arkansas are still relatively safe despite their thoroughly mediocre resumes.

Reaction Score
When I saw the thread I thought you were going to provide us with your bubble teams. :(

Is there an unoffical Plebe Bracketology spreadsheet somewhere?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
But what if Washington was on the bubble?

Well they took care of that with a 9 game losing streak. Of course I'd like to see them in the Tourney again but I always thought it was a pipe dream this year. I was hoping for NIT and they even tanked that.

Plebe

Reaction Score
When I saw the thread I thought you were going to provide us with your bubble teams. :(

Is there an unoffical Plebe Bracketology spreadsheet somewhere?
I have something in the works :cool:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You could at least shed one tear :oops:

Okay, 1 tear for you (if Duke doesn't make it, but they very well could be in). You might have a bit of a dilemma, making the Tourney could maybe extend JPM's tenure?

Plebe

Reaction Score
You could at least shed one tear :oops:
I don't think I can muster any tears for basketball today after I just found out that my #1 coffee vendor (who operates from a food truck) is moving out of town. Sad day :oops:

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I don't think I can muster any tears for basketball today after I just found out that my #1 coffee vendor (who operates from a food truck) is moving out of town. Sad day :oops:
Now that is a real and true catastrophe. A man and his one true coffee should not be parted.
Try some Juan Valdez Colina from a Technivorm.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
But what if Washington was on the bubble? :D

Yes it's a weak bubble, and that's why teams like Tennessee and Arkansas are still relatively safe despite their thoroughly mediocre resumes.
@$##$%^&%$&* just when it could have been a really great day...Head bang

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Okay, 1 tear for you (if Duke doesn't make it, but they very well could be in). You might have a bit of a dilemma, making the Tourney could maybe extend JPM's tenure?

Gotta root for the kids... and especially the seniors... and let the chips fall where they may. In 2 of the previous 4 year that Duke made the NCAA's... Gorecki was on the sideline injured... as well as Lambert (got injured in the first round in 2017). They didnt return for their final year to be playing in the WNIT/WBI.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gotta root for the kids... and especially the seniors... and let the chips fall where they may. In 2 of the previous 4 year that Duke made the NCAA's... Gorecki was on the sideline injured... as well as Lambert (got injured in the first round in 2017). They didnt return for their final year to be playing in the WNIT/WBI.

I'm with you, I really can't root against one of my teams, even if I want the coach gone.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I feel legitimately torn when I watch Texas this year. I like the kids but I want that coach gone.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I feel legitimately torn when I watch Texas this year. I like the kids but I want that coach gone.

Does she have a contract beyond this year?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Does she have a contract beyond this year?
Not as far as anyone knows. They gave her an extension a few years ago that was set to expire in 2020.

This one fact makes me convinced that she's toast. Otherwise I can't imagine an AD not renewing by February of the expiration year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not as far as anyone knows. They gave her an extension a few years ago that was set to expire in 2020.

This one fact makes me convinced that she's toast. Otherwise I can't imagine an AD not renewing by February of the expiration year.
Tournament success or bust maybe is why? It's not like she's going to be getting offers from other schools if they wait. The real question becomes, just who does Texas think they can get? I mean, their softball team did a pretty good job of poaching Mike White from Oregon but who can the Longhorns really get from another P5 school that would truly elevate them? As we learned from the GG hire, you really need someone who coached and knows the Texas HS and Hoop scene. I could see quasi hot seat coaches applying-JPM, Nikki Fargas, Sherri Coale to simply get out while they had a decent season and before they are let go. This is a similar situation to Tennessee last year, no truly top coach will leave what they built to go to Texas as most make good money anyway. Do you really think Texas Tech nailed by hiring Marlene Stollings from Minn? :oops:
Seems to me a top Mid-Major candidate will have to emerge.

Reaction Score
Both Big East At-Large teams lost today.

Marquette (11 Seed, #33 RPI) loses to Villanova (N/A, #99 RPI). Spilt games this season.
Creighton (9 Seed, #38 RPI) loses to Butler (N/A, #94 RPI). Their second loss to them.

*Creme Bracketology as at 18-Feb-2020 and RPI as at 20-Feb-2020

Plebe

Reaction Score
Both Big East At-Large teams lost today.

Marquette (11 Seed, #33 RPI) loses to Villanova (N/A, #99 RPI). Spilt games this season.
Creighton (9 Seed, #38 RPI) loses to Butler (N/A, #94 RPI). Their second loss to them.

*Creme Bracketology as at 18-Feb-2020 and RPI as at 20-Feb-2020
It’s losses like these that are keeping Tennessee safely in the tournament; for now.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ga Tech, VPI, on the bubble after today. I wonder if BC is anywhere close to the bubble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom