Bubble Teams we want to Lose | The Boneyard

Bubble Teams we want to Lose

Reaction Score
Syracuse - 45 RPI, 51 Kenpom - now in 10th place in the ACC. Best wins Louisville, Miami, Buffalo??
Providence - 47 RPI, 69 Kenpom. Followed up win against Nova with losses to Butler (away) and Seton Hall (home). 6th in BE so may get a bid based on conference reputation. BE is truly a 4 bid conference this year.
Louisville - 52 RPI, 37 Kenpom, 9th in ACC. Best win Florida St.

If UConn is crap, it gives me satisfaction if these 3 do not make the tournament.

Reaction Score
Kentucky too
Probably a lost cause here with a current RPI of 16. They could lose 2 of their last 3 and still have an RPI in the 20s. Which is pretty funny when their best win is West Virginia with an RPI of 28. Their wins against Alabama and Arkansas in their last 2 games has cemented their spot in the tournament. Need to just hope for a low seed and tough match-up on the first weekend

Reaction Score
Is Shaka Smart KO with better recruits?
No. He succeeded at VCUfor a long stretch after Anthony Grant's guys were gone. Texas just may not be the right fit. That said, I'd give him a fourth year before I'd consider pulling the plug. He doesn't have any seniors in his rotation. The team's not so horrible that you'd want to blow up a team with everyone of note an underclassman. Put them both on the market, and Smart will have plenty of offers. Not so sure about Kevin.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Probably a lost cause here with a current RPI of 16. They could lose 2 of their last 3 and still have an RPI in the 20s. Which is pretty funny when their best win is West Virginia with an RPI of 28. Their wins against Alabama and Arkansas in their last 2 games has cemented their spot in the tournament. Need to just hope for a low seed and tough match-up on the first weekend
I'm ready for our R32 loss to Kentucky in a 3 vs 6 game. I'd say Xavier would be in danger too but I think they're solid a 1 seed now. Ohio State may also be a possible victim of Coach Cal.

Reaction Score
BUT then they'll beat us in the NIT
What NIT are we going to be in? We aren't going to finish the season above .500 & there are easily 32 teams way more worthy than us unfortunately.

That's where we are now, not even a top 100 team the past 2 years.....68 NCAA teams & 32 NIT teams & UConn is not within shouting distance of either.

To the original question.....I hope the PAC 12 has less teams than the AAC, right now we both may have 3 but the AAC 3 are solid, the PAC 12 has only 2 solid & 3-4 bubble teams so they probably end up with 4+ . Maybe a team can pull off a AAC tourney upset & we get 4 in as well.

Also would like to see Texas miss out but I imagine if it's close the committee will put them in to showcase Bamba.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom