Bryant Shirreffs Looking More Like The No. 1 QB In UConn's Offense (DC) | The Boneyard

Bryant Shirreffs Looking More Like The No. 1 QB In UConn's Offense (DC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-practice-0821-20150820-story.html

WOW, I have not been this excited for a season... well, since last season... but this season should actually be different! Sounds like the offense is finally starting to come together... I can't wait to see UCONN impose their will on Villanova!
While it is impossible to prove a negative, I'm very excited to see they will not have a 55/45 split at QB, as Coach Diaco explicitly intended last season.

Reaction Score
Good to see one QB separating himself from the pack. Seeing the offense gel would be a pleasant surprise, although it will undoubtedly take some time. Just hoping they have enough to beat Nova.

Reaction Score
I think the real question is who is the best quarterback according to the Boneyard. By tradition it must be a guy who is not playing. My vote is for Anderson since nobody has seen him and has absolutely no basis for naming him the best! Of course it's not official until palatine makes his pronouncement from on high

Reaction Score
ugh! you know, I set my expectations low, I do it every year. last season... last 2 seasons, no make that the last 4 season has sucked. So I set my expectations low, I do it every summer, and then... and then the build up starts, slowly at first but as the first game gets closer and closer. Then you start to read all the stories, Shirreff is looking good and separating himself, Newsome is running faster, stronger... the O'Line is starting to play better. The Defense is still strong. Damn it, my expectations start to climb. Is it real? Is it hype? Are we going to get crushed by a lackluster win over Nova? Or have we turned the corner and better days are ahead? UGH! I hate/love the last few weeks before the season starts....

Reaction Score
ugh! you know, I set my expectations low, I do it every year. last season... last 2 seasons, no make that the last 4 season has sucked. So I set my expectations low, I do it every summer, and then... and then the build up starts, slowly at first but as the first game gets closer and closer. Then you start to read all the stories, Shirreff is looking good and separating himself, Newsome is running faster, stronger... the O'Line is starting to play better. The Defense is still strong. Damn it, my expectations start to climb. Is it real? Is it hype? Are we going to get crushed by a lackluster win over Nova? Or have we turned the corner and better days are ahead? UGH! I hate/love the last few weeks before the season starts....
I agree with you. However, I was also pumped for last year and actually thought we had a fighting chance to beat BYU after reading all the articles before the start of the season. Really hoping for 4 wins this year (need to beat Nova and Army).

Reaction Score
I think the real question is who is the best quarterback according to the Boneyard. By tradition it must be a guy who is not playing. My vote is for Anderson since nobody has seen him and has absolutely no basis for naming him the best! Of course it's not official until palatine makes his pronouncement from on high

If you take the "live game" perspective, nobody's actually seen Shirreffs either... IMO, it's nice to hear that he's separating himself from the pack.. We need one guy at QB... one... let the other guys get mop up duty in blow-outs...

Reaction Score
"We have two guys that will split time at QB this season" - said no winning coach, ever.

Reaction Score
If you take the "live game" perspective, nobody's actually seen Shirreffs either... IMO, it's nice to hear that he's separating himself from the pack.. We need one guy at QB... one... let the other guys get mop up duty in blow-outs...
I agree it's good to hear. On the other hand based on what we saw last year he isn't exactly running in the Kentucky Derby. Still it will be good to have one guy at long last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom