OT: Brutal Sucker Punch In Girl Basketball Game Prompts Police Report | The Boneyard

OT: Brutal Sucker Punch In Girl Basketball Game Prompts Police Report

Reaction Score
A youth basketball player in Garden Grove, California, was left with a concussion after an opponent sucker-punched her ― and the injured girl’s mom claimed the attacker’s mother encouraged it.
“I want the daughter and the mom held accountable,” Alice Ham told ABC’s Eyewitness News. “Because this type of behavior is reprehensible and cannot happen in youth sports.”

Video of the weekend club game shows Lauryn Ham, 15, and the opposing player, whose father reportedly played in the NBA, briefly getting tangled after the unidentified player attempts a 3-point shot. Both trip to the floor.
Seconds later, the two are seen walking up the court side by side and the player unloads a roundhouse punch that knocks down Ham.

Reaction Score
Who Is Tyra Hunt and Corey Benjamin? Daughter Punch Teammate Video Goes Viral: A famous basketball player Corey Benjamin’s daughter Cori Benjamin is hitting the headlines after attacking her opponent during a basketball match. Yes, we are talking about the daughter of Corey Benjamin. A video of the incident has been circulating on social media and getting a huge response from the netizens. The video is going viral over the internet rapidly. The video shows Cori Benjamin attacking her opponent. The opponent player has been filed the case in the police station. After the news went viral, people are searching online to know what happened exactly. Through this article, you will get all the details about the matter.

Reaction Score
Corey Benjamin had a short NBA career for the Chicago Bulls from 1998 to 2001. He also played for the Atlanta Hawks in 2003 before bouncing around playing basketball in leagues in China, France, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Portugal and South Korea.

Reaction Score
After this...no need to worry about playing organized sports at any level. I hope there's someone close to this girl who can explain to her that what she did is just WRONG! AND THEN...I hope she understands that. If not...there's no future here...not a long and prosperous one anyway.

That punch was vicious, but I was shocked at her IMMEDIATE response to being told to attack.

Reaction Score
After this...no need to worry about playing organized sports at any level. I hope there's someone close to this girl who can explain to her that what she did is just WRONG! AND THEN...I hope she understands that. If not...there's no future here...not a long and prosperous one anyway.

That punch was vicious, but I was shocked at her IMMEDIATE response to being told to attack.
Have you ever seen/read “The Great Santini?”

This girl may have faced a worse beating from her mom at home if she failed to obey mom’s command.

Hopefully, the girl can be de-programmed from the way her mom has raised her. Not that the girl bears no responsibility, but I was raised playing with and against kids whose sports behavior was badly influenced by parents who attended games.

Mom
Should never be permitted to attend her daughter’s events again - if the daughter is ever allowed to play again.

Reaction Score
Watched the mothers Instagram story which shows it Wasn’t the first incident with this player punching an opponent. Hopefully that player gets some help for anger and the victim makes a full recovery. No place for that behavior in sports.

Reaction Score
The father of the attacker seems to have his head and heart in the right place.

"I am committed to getting my daughter any help she may need and support her in taking accountability for her conduct."

Yes, parent. You are accountable for the damages caused by your daughter's actions. See your accountant after you see your lawyer.

Reaction Score
The father appeared to make a sincere and heartfelt apology. I hope he is not married to the mother! However, the punch was not a "mistake". It was an criminal assault. At age 15, all the help in the world is not going to affect this girl, unless she is removed from the mother - forever!

Reaction Score
The father appeared to make a sincere and heartfelt apology. I hope he is not married to the mother! However, the punch was not a "mistake". It was an criminal assault. At age 15, all the help in the world is not going to affect this girl, unless she is removed from the mother - forever!

No one can say this for sure. One soundbite makes her sound horrible, I agree, however the authorities are now involved. Let them do their job.

Who knows? Maybe counselling for the family ends up being a solution.

Reaction Score
Reprehensible, tasteless, disgusting --that a mother would give a directive like that to her HS daughter, and for her to carry it out.... Wow. She needs to be suspended for the rest of the season and then in order to be reinstated, she needs to demonstrate some type of recovery from her abhorrent behavior by either anger management sessions, counseling, and/or group therapy etc....

Reaction Score
No one can say this for sure. One soundbite makes her sound horrible, I agree, however the authorities are now involved. Let them do their job.

Who knows? Maybe counselling for the family ends up being a solution.
I hope you are right, but experience tells me "the die is cast"!

Reaction Score
Watched the mothers Instagram story which shows it Wasn’t the first incident with this player punching an opponent. Hopefully that player gets some help for anger and the victim makes a full recovery. No place for that behavior in sports.
My heart aches! What a brutal attack! From one teenager to another. What if the victim had died right there? How would the attacker and her mother feel? Would they feel badly knowing that they just killed an innocent kid? Probably not.
I don’t have an IG account, but after watching the video, I thought the same thing, that this attacker may have done this before. And she’s done so because of the instructions of her mother. I’m saying special prayers for the victim and her family. May her symptoms be few and mild, and may she recover quickly. But, this is a concussion, and the symptoms vary. Lots of prayers for you kiddo.
Lord, please help us to be a kinder, softer, gentler, and more respectful human race.

Reaction Score
If it’s true there are prior incidents with this girl then she doesn’t play again until she passes some type of professional help program. The mother should not be allowed on school premises again.
The mother should pay a steep fine — financially and time served. At some point, we’ve got to stop the violence. This willful, deliberate and intentional blow could’ve been fatal. It was unnecessary, and both mother and daughter must be held accountable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom