Bruce Arians to the front office | The Boneyard

Bruce Arians to the front office

Reaction Score
Very interesting move and timing.

a) Brady retires but never really gives any indication he wanted to retire.
b) Brady un-retires and a couple weeks later, Arians suddenly decides he feels like a front office gig.

I don't think there's any question there was friction between Arians and TB. TB flexed and got what he wanted. Maybe he tried to flex in NE and just never had that leverage to get what he wanted there? Not saying he wanted Belichick out but just didn't have any control in anything at all there?

Bowles is a horrific head coach. Great defensive mind who will focus on the defense, say nothing exciting ever to anybody.....and let TB handle the offense like a player/coach.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Interesting for sure. Space out the TB returning and Arians’ leaving announcements so people don’t link the two?

Wonder if they bring back Antonio Brown.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Arians says it isn't what others are speculating. I'm paraphrasing but he's 70 years old and wanted to retire. He wanted Todd Bowles to be the guy to replace him. He was concerned about handing the team over with no QB. When Brady came back he felt Bowles would have a good chance to win. They worked with the league on Rooney rule stuff to ensure Bowles could be hired.

Reaction Score
Honestly I was expecting Reid in KC to do this first so that Bienemy could finally be a head coach. Kudos to Arians for showing them how to do it.

Reaction Score
Arians says it isn't what others are speculating. I'm paraphrasing but he's 70 years old and wanted to retire. He wanted Todd Bowles to be the guy to replace him. He was concerned about handing the team over with no QB. When Brady came back he felt Bowles would have a good chance to win. They worked with the league on Rooney rule stuff to ensure Bowles could be hired.

I think that's what Arians is going to say, but I don't think it's much of a secret that Brady doesn't think much of Arians as a head coach. I doubt he'd be doing another year in Tampa is he was still running the show.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think that's what Arians is going to say, but I don't think it's much of a secret that Brady doesn't think much of Arians as a head coach. I doubt he'd be doing another year in Tampa is he was still running the show.
I think that's probably exaggerated. But it's clear that Arians favors a vertical passing attack that isn't what Brady is good at. He had to change his offense (and he's an offensive coach) to fit Tom. They really aren't a great fit for each other.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom