Brotherly battles prepared Ross to compete for UConn football (Keefe @ The Day) | The Boneyard

Brotherly battles prepared Ross to compete for UConn football (Keefe @ The Day)

Reaction Score

>>A speedy 5-foot-9, 170-pound wide receiver from Newark, Del., he's second on the team in receptions with 13, including one for a touchdown, and owns a team-best 206 receiving yards.<<

>>Ross followed in the footsteps of his brothers by choosing to play for UConn coach Randy Edsall, who coached both Brandon and Jarrett while at Maryland. Brandon was a running back and Jarrett a cornerback.

When Ross was nine, he started regularly attending Maryland games. So he already had formed a relationship with Edsall by the time he developed into a Division I college football recruit at St. John's College High School in Washington, D.C.

His brothers offered some insight about Edsall, telling Ross that Edsall "was going to get on you but, at the same time, he's going to care about you."

"I've been around him for awhile," Ross said. "Being there definitely played a factor, just being comfortable. Wherever I wanted to go, I wanted to be comfortable. Knowing they had some history with him, I knew I'd definitely feel that here."<<

Reaction Score

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Drayton and Ross have the potential to be the best WR duo I can recall at UConn. We’ve had decent individual guys but it always seemed to be one at a time. Having to prepare for and defend both guys will be a problem.
Article from the Courant on Ross (and Drayton): Good hands, quick feet: Freshmen receivers Matt Drayton, Cam Ross stand out for UConn football.

>>Drayton and Ross complement each other well on the field. Drayton plays out wide, while Ross recently moved to the slot. Drayton has the best hands on the team, both freshmen say, while Ross is one of the Huskies’ speediest players. In other words, Drayton has the hands, Ross has the feet.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom