Brink out for Stanford vs Sacred Heart | The Boneyard

Brink out for Stanford vs Sacred Heart

Reaction Score
It might be good for them to let Betts have major minutes in a game.

Reaction Score
Since it sounds like a flu bug, probably won't be a significant factor. Winning that first game without her was pretty much a given since they are loaded with great bigs on the bench like Belibi, Betts and Prechtel. The next game might now be very mildly in doubt, but by the next weekend presumably she will be fine. If it is going around the team someone else could get it and miss time, so that is still a risk.

Reaction Score
I would hate to be Coach Vanderveer right now. Tough choice going into Sunday's matchup against Ole Miss. Stanford got the bodies to play but having Brinks out there increases the odds of a win for Stanford but if Brinks isn't 80% or better, I would just let her rest and get fully better.

Reaction Score
Since it sounds like a flu bug, probably won't be a significant factor. Winning that first game without her was pretty much a given since they are loaded with great bigs on the bench like Belibi, Betts and Prechtel. The next game might now be very mildly in doubt, but by the next weekend presumably she will be fine. If it is going around the team someone else could get it and miss time, so that is still a risk.
Stomach issues can be doubly tough for very thin people to recover from. She doesn’t have much body fat to burn as she recovers. So she might not be FULLY recovered next weekend’s sweet 16/elite 8. she’ll play but might need more rest than usual.

Ole Miss on Sunday will be scrappy but Stanford’s bench bigs should be able to handle them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stomach issues can be doubly tough for very thin people to recover from. She doesn’t have much body fat to burn as she recovers. So she might not be FULLY recovered next weekend’s sweet 16/elite 8. she’ll play but might need more rest than usual.

Ole Miss on Sunday will be scrappy but Stanford’s bench bigs should be able to handle them.
Yeah. That was my thinking. Just let her rest until the Sweet 16/Elite 8 rounds. Stanford should be okay against Ole Miss.

Reaction Score
Yeah. That was my thinking. Just let her rest until the Sweet 16/Elite 8 rounds. Stanford should be okay against Ole Miss.
Have you watched Stanford this year? Ole Miss is exactly the kind of team Stanford struggle with- long and athletic- and Ole Miss took South Carolina to overtime. And Stanford is susceptible to bad losses with one to Washington and one to USC, and those are with Brink. This is far from a given imo. I think it would be a battle with Brink.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Mackenzie Holmes hasn't played so far today for Indiana either due to knee soreness. Brutal time for these health issues to happen.

Reaction Score
Mackenzie Holmes hasn't played so far today for Indiana either due to knee soreness. Brutal time for these health issues to happen.
I'm not sure Holmes has ever played a full season on those knees. Didn't she miss a bunch of games early last season?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm not sure Holmes has ever played a full season on those knees. Didn't she miss a bunch of games early last season?
She missed about a month and a half mid season and wasn't the same force after coming back. Indiana looked like a title contender last year in the first half of the year when she was healthy.

Reaction Score
Have you watched Stanford this year? Ole Miss is exactly the kind of team Stanford struggle with- long and athletic- and Ole Miss took South Carolina to overtime. And Stanford is susceptible to bad losses with one to Washington and one to USC, and those are with Brink. This is far from a given imo. I think it would be a battle with Brink.
Cards win comfortably by double digits. :)

Reaction Score
Thanks, azfan... now I don't need to watch the game!:cool:
I don't know about you but I watch every single Husky game and in 90% of the cases we know the outcome before the tip, a la today. Sometimes it's just fun to watch a superlative team operating at the peak of their ability.

This is particularly true when I watch the replays provided by a member of the boneyard. I already know the score but still love to watch the team play.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ole Miss isn't known as a 3 point shooting team but they were on fire against Gonzaga. Maybe they used up all their magic in that game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom