Bringing The Heat | The Boneyard

Bringing The Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When the players take the field for warmups the temperature will be in the high 80's, and while it will moderate somewhat it's tough to recover once that body temp goes up and you've been losing fluids. This could be a real challenge for coaches and players and will put more emphasis on ball control and substitutions.

Could benefit a team with more depth but I'm curious to see how we adjust. I'd be cutting those warmups short and be very careful today as well.

Reaction Score
Day before a game is a walk through. Should be well rested for tomorrow evening. High 80s to start with the Sun already down is a picnic in the park when compared to
90s in a beat down Sun that can happen with a noon time start.

Reaction Score
And, UConn has the benefit of the results of that program a few years ago (remember the team swallowed transmitters to test for dehydration) to properly regulate bodily fluids & temp.

Reaction Score
They need to hydrate all day today and tomorrow along with plenty of vitamins and minerals. It is hard to make up for dehydration at game time. As a Florida guy that still enjoys sports, it is amazing the heat and sweating I can handle when I plan ahead. If I don't drink much well in advance and just head out, I feel the effects in minutes.

Given Diaco's focus on nutrition, I doubt he is overlooking this detail today. Dehydration can cost you the game.

Reaction Score
When the players take the field for warmups the temperature will be in the high 80's, and while it will moderate somewhat it's tough to recover once that body temp goes up and you've been losing fluids. This could be a real challenge for coaches and players and will put more emphasis on ball control and substitutions.

Could benefit a team with more depth but I'm curious to see how we adjust. I'd be cutting those warmups short and be very careful today as well.

I think the heat will work in our favor. I like our depth on the DL and by the 4th quarter I think the depth, or lack there of by Villanova, will benefit us.

Hopefully the Balis training includes being hydrated everyday so when a game like tomorrow night comes, staying hydrated is second nature.

Like coach said, thank God the sun will be down. A noon start would have been brutal.

Reaction Score
Nova's coach said the heat was a big concern considering their lack of depth

Reaction Score
I suspect we're gonna see a lot of substitutions to keep every ones fresh and hydrated as possible

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Thought this was the weather report!

I am hoping for a student section full of females (born that way) in bikinis...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Thought this was the weather report!

I am hoping for a student section full of females (born that way) in bikinis...

I'll be sure to notify them to watch out for creepy old men like yourself.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I'll be sure to notify them to watch out for creepy old men like yourself.

I will assume you are a student, planning on attending the game and will be sitting in the student section, or you are just trying to talk some gibberish - either way I may resemble that remark, if you define old. And there is a good chance I get a quarter and half, unless you are participating is some childish drinking game maybe longer, before you make it to the PAWS and notify them, per past student participation. You wont be the hero you think you are...

I guess I shouldn't hope to see the cheerleaders in skimpy outfits either??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom