Bring back the white dog | The Boneyard

Bring back the white dog

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
At would seem that we have all the evidence we now need. Since the University made the decision to retire the old friendly, white Jonathan as our mascot, all we've had is pain. It's clear that moving to the new wolf-like Husky has resulted in losing seasons for at least men's basketball, football, no national championships for women's basketball, and the men's soccer team was a disaster last year. We need to start a movement to return our tried and true mascot back to his rightful place at the head of Husky Nation which obviously will result in a new era of success and many new championships. What say you???

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Since the University made the decision to retire the old friendly, white Jonathan as our mascot, all we've had is pain.
1577736476315.png

Reaction Score
At would seem that we have all the evidence we now need. Since the University made the decision to retire the old friendly, white Jonathan as our mascot, all we've had is pain. It's clear that moving to the new wolf-like Husky has resulted in losing seasons for at least men's basketball, football, no national championships for women's basketball, and the men's soccer team was a disaster last year. We need to start a movement to return our tried and true mascot back to his rightful place at the head of Husky Nation which obviously will result in a new era of success and many new championships. What say you???
For the millionth time the "wolf like Husky" is a Husky, that's what they look like. The old friendly mascot was a Samoyed.

Reaction Score
F291156D-9EBD-4AB7-BFCE-6CE054EE26F6.jpeg

Reaction Score
We should absolutely have a throwback night. We the old court design and the retro jerseys. Would draw a pretty good crowd

here here! Also hit my entrance music for Hurley.

Reaction Score
Geez, my first thought was you were talking about the actual dogs, and that would've been just cruel.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the original post should get destroyed. I don’t hate the new logo, I know the old white Husky logo was actually a samoyed, but that logo was synonymous with UConn going back 30 years. Idk why they decided to up and change the logo, maybe it was part of a rebrand with entering a new era since it debuted right before our first season in the AAC? Thats why to me, the new logo is linked with the AAC, and I wouldn’t mind it if we went back to the 80’s and 90’s UConn “samoyed” logo...and while we are at it, since we have to sand down the courts to replace the big A with the Big East, can we get rid of the two tone wood and just have the entire court the same finish??? Just throwing that out there :)

Reaction Score
While we are at it we need to bring back the Husky slide. That was a staple at every game. Do it!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
For the millionth time the "wolf like Husky" is a Husky, that's what they look like. The old friendly mascot was a Samoyed.
No he was a white husky as he was since 1935 until the current incarnation.
Jonathan through the years
Jonathan II - 1935
1935-1947: A cousin of Jonathan I, the second Jonathan was an Eskimo Husky, and started the tradition of an all-white dog as mascot. He debuted November 8, 1935 at rally prior to the annual football rivalry against Rhode Island. In September of 1936, Jonathan II chased Brown's bear mascot up a tree, and it took Providence police and fire fighters to retrieve the animal.

(But you are correct that the artist who drew the "friendly husky" based it on her Samoyed, but since 1935 UConn's mascot has always been a white husky.)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No he was a white husky as he was since 1935 until the current incarnation.
Jonathan through the years

Jonathan II - 1935
1935-1947: A cousin of Jonathan I, the second Jonathan was an Eskimo Husky, and started the tradition of an all-white dog as mascot. He debuted November 8, 1935 at rally prior to the annual football rivalry against Rhode Island. In September of 1936, Jonathan II chased Brown's bear mascot up a tree, and it took Providence police and fire fighters to retrieve the animal.

(But you are correct that the artist who drew the "friendly husky" based it on her Samoyed, but since 1935 UConn's mascot has always been a white husky.)

which does not look like goofy fluffy logo we had.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we need to go back to the old logo, but the new one could easily be altered to make sense all-white. At least a couple people here have their avatars demonstrating as such

Reaction Score
All white. That was a UConn tradition for 75 years until the fat dope sold out to Nike. You get what you pay for and that was free! They the jerk had the audacity to lie about it. I’m on board with brining back the white husky.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This may not be popular but I’m with op

Never shoulda changed.

Apropos of nothing considering mascot design, but whoever is in Jonathan suit this year is best in 30 years. Wolf or not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The old logo was unique to UConn. If you saw it you thought of UConn. The new one is too generic and looks similar to too many other husky logos. You're leaving a G-5 league. Leave the G-5 logo with it. Go back to the old one. Be UConn again.

Husky Helmet white.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom