OT: - Brimah works out for Lakers | The Boneyard

OT: Brimah works out for Lakers

Reaction Score
Looks like he found a strength and conditioning coach since the season ended. In fact if you aren't a UConn fan he looks 'NBA' promising in that pic.

Brimahs biceps were ripped his last two years here. No change. If any, minimal.

What he lacks, and always will, is lower body power weight and balance.

pj

Reaction Score
Let's be honest while he didn't do a lot Majok was a better prospect, much tougher too.

Don't know about that, the extra few inches make a huge difference. For Brimah it will depend how much he wants it. He's going to have to work hard to make it.

Reaction Score
He's going to become an NBA all star, followed by me being committed to an asylum.

Reaction Score
Amida is an NBA talent there is no doubt about it. I have been saying that consistently. We're going to miss Amidas presence enormously.

Amida is a Hungry Husky

Reaction Score
Amida is an NBA talent there is no doubt about it. I have been saying that consistently. We're going to miss Amidas presence enormously.

Amida is a Hungry Husky
We are going to miss Amida. He is a Hungry Husky. He probably is not an NBA talent though. Back when the game was different, and there were dominant centers on many teams, maybe his value as a backup would be higher because more teams would need them. But, it would be interesting if he could end up as a backup center getting limited minutes someplace. I'm not a strong NBA guy. Hey NBA guys, could Amida be an "end of the bench" backup center someplace?

Reaction Score
We are going to miss Amida. He is a Hungry Husky. He probably is not an NBA talent though. Back when the game was different, and there were dominant centers on many teams, maybe his value as a backup would be higher because more teams would need them. But, it would be interesting if he could end up as a backup center getting limited minutes someplace. I'm not a strong NBA guy. Hey NBA guys, could Amida be an "end of the bench" backup center someplace?

No. That guy is way off, per usual.

Reaction Score
Yes. He has the perfect personality for an end of bencher -upbeat, cheerful, always rooting his team on. If you don't think that matters to coaches when filling out their bench, guess again. Attitude plus shot blocking ability plus ability to run the floor = a chance. We all know what the negatives are, but a year or two in the D leauge might help with those. 7 feet of positive attitude can go a long way.

Reaction Score
Why would they have him workout if they didn't want him at #2...?:confused:
Players often get invited to workouts just to fill out the squad so other players of interest have someone to play against. Getting invited doesn't mean draft interest, on the other hand it means your good enough to get noticed for a spot on their summer team for more evaluation.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Players often get invited to workouts just to fill out the squad so other players of interest have someone to play against. Getting invited doesn't mean draft interest, on the other hand it means your good enough to get noticed for a spot on their summer team for more evaluation.
I appreciate your response but I was being sarcastic.

Reaction Score

Amida is a Hungry Husky

What is his NBA talent? Don't say shot-blocking, as that does not always transfer over. Emeka was a vastly superior shot-blocker and his averages went from 4.3 @ UConn to 1.7 in the NBA and Hasheem was a much more polished player overall and he could not sniff the floor in the league.

Amida is a below average rebounder, does not have a post game, lacks defensive positioning instincts, is a below average screener, lacks lower body strength, and has very poor hands. This is the third or fourth time someone has chimed in that he has NBA talent. I do not see it. Did he receive poor coaching? Maybe and if that's the case, then shame on us. But...

He was a great Husky and I will miss his enthusiasm, his smile, and those moments when he looked like he could be a lottery pick but I do not see anything resembling an NBA player. I truly hope I'm wrong.

pj

Reaction Score
What is his NBA talent? Don't say shot-blocking, as that does not always transfer over. Emeka was a vastly superior shot-blocker and his averages went from 4.3 @ UConn to 1.7 in the NBA and Hasheem was a much more polished player overall and he could not sniff the floor in the league.

Amida is a below average rebounder, does not have a post game, lacks defensive positioning instincts, is a below average screener, lacks lower body strength, and has very poor hands. This is the third or fourth time someone has chimed in that he has NBA talent. I do not see it. Did he receive poor coaching? Maybe and if that's the case, then shame on us. But...

He was a great Husky and I will miss his enthusiasm, his smile, and those moments when he looked like he could be a lottery pick but I do not see anything resembling an NBA player. I truly hope I'm wrong.

Maybe his work ethic will improve now that he no longer has college distractions and his paycheck and ability to continue playing basketball depend on harder work. I agree he is probably 3 years at least away from making the NBA, if he can do it. But sometimes kids mature late. Contact with reality often makes a difference.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yes. He has the perfect personality for an end of bencher -upbeat, cheerful, always rooting his team on. If you don't think that matters to coaches when filling out their bench, guess again. Attitude plus shot blocking ability plus ability to run the floor = a chance. We all know what the negatives are, but a year or two in the D leauge might help with those. 7 feet of positive attitude can go a long way.
This is true. A guy who can challenge at the rim during practice and be positive as the 15th man on the roster is an invaluable skill set.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom