Brimah working out with Miller | The Boneyard

Brimah working out with Miller

Reaction Score
His free throw shooting has really regressed in the G League. I feel like at one point in his UConn career he was pretty reliable from the stripe and even from mid-range in games. Definitely a bummer that he's struggled so much as a pro.

Rooting for this kid. It's cool he's involved with the Spurs organization. At some point he's probably gotta think about going overseas and making some more money though.

Reaction Score
Maybe the only coach he had at UCONN....just saying..who is working out with Ollie?
Ollie worked out with the guards, theyt made great progress. Glenn Miller was the big man and rebounding coach

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Maybe the only coach he had at UCONN....just saying..who is working out with Ollie?
Maybe more than you think
Love the snark
If AB is comfortable with Miller then he goes to him
Not happy at all with what GM has done to the program but what he and AB do on their own time is their business
I hope AB gets to where he wants to go but he needs to want to work hard and realize it comes from him - something he totally didn't practice at UConn

C

Chief00

The old mentor did wonder with him before why wouldn't he return?

You mean the one who taught Brimah all his famous offensive posts moves?

Chief really questions how effective the net rigging is to develop an arch on your shot. What happens in the game when the net goes away - will the muscle memory just take over or will it be too big of a shock? My bet is the later but I will be rooting for Amida. Very nice kid.

Granted Jim Calhoun on occasion used brooms as shot blockers but that simulates a long arm/hand in the game much closer and it was more dynamic as a game is.

My guess is GM is trying to drum up some favorable press to translate to a D1 assistant’s gig if Brimah makes The League. I think the rat picture posted here though will carry the day.

Those who don’t follow UConn closely won’t know that Howie, Dave, Clyde V, and George Blaney were the position coaches who developed UConn’s famous Bigs.

I wonder who alerted the sportswriter to this private workout? LOL - Any guesses?

C

Chief00

Ollie worked out with the guards, theyt made great progress. Glenn Miller was the big man and rebounding coach

And someone recently posted our falloff in rebounding once GM became Bigs coach after George left.

Reaction Score
And someone recently posted our falloff in rebounding once GM became Bigs coach after George left.
Yeah...it had nothing to do with the head coach and his lack of focus on rebounding . Don’t let the facts get in the way of the story you need to tell Chef. Btw, GM has already been offered a D1 asst’s job and a D3 head job. All in the last couple of weeks. But you keep on Chefing.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I can't speak to what it's like to work with Miller as I've never even met the guy, unless you count seeing him from the stands. Based on his track record with bigs, I'm astonished that Brimah wants to work with him. Again, I don't know the specifics, so maybe he has a good reason. Now to dust off an old chestnut:

Boy the plays Glenn Miller made
Brimah Facey Phil parade
Alley-oop were sometimes made
Those were the days
And we knew who we were then
No more Rip or Ray or Ben
Mister we could use a man like Charles Okwandu again
Losing to teams from our state
Post -'14 wins had to wait
Gee our APR was great
Those were the days!

Reaction Score
You mean the one who taught Brimah all his famous offensive posts moves?

Chief really questions how effective the net rigging is to develop an arch on your shot. What happens in the game when the net goes away - will the muscle memory just take over or will it be too big of a shock? My bet is the later but I will be rooting for Amida. Very nice kid.

Granted Jim Calhoun on occasion used brooms as shot blockers but that simulates a long arm/hand in the game much closer and it was more dynamic as a game is.

My guess is GM is trying to drum up some favorable press to translate to a D1 assistant’s gig if Brimah makes The League. I think the rat picture posted here though will carry the day.

Those who don’t follow UConn closely won’t know that Howie, Dave, Clyde V, and George Blaney were the position coaches who developed UConn’s famous Bigs.

I wonder who alerted the sportswriter to this private workout? LOL - Any guesses?
Agree on the big men coaches. Howie was one of the best with bigs. Also Vaughn.

C

Chief00

Yeah...it had nothing to do with the head coach and his lack of focus on rebounding . Don’t let the facts get in the way of the story you need to tell Chef. Btw, GM has already been offered a D1 asst’s job and a D3 head job. All in the last couple of weeks. But you keep on Chefing.

I am glad GM can move on in his life. Quite frankly, if that’s the case, he should take the D1 assistants job yesterday and start recruiting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If true, I wish him well.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The facts are that a big that worked with GM trusts him enough to go back to him but an internet poster thinks that Brimah doesn’t know what’s best for his career. Keep boneyarding. GM will get a coaching job before Ollie gets another gig. Oh wait... GM isn’t unemployed now.

C

Chief00

The facts are that a big that worked with GM trusts him enough to go back to him but an internet poster thinks that Brimah doesn’t know what’s best for his career. Keep boneyarding. GM will get a coaching job before Ollie gets another gig. Oh wait... GM isn’t unemployed now.

Brimah is a nice kid. Does Chief think he always knows what’s best for his career - probably not.
As far as your GM and KO coaching debate. They both failed, but I wish them both luck rebuilding their coaching resumes.

Reaction Score
Is there a link with said news as I was unable to find anything?

Reaction Score

GM is not unemployed you are correct good for him. But no matter employed or unemployed he's a rat. No other way around that don't care if it was injustice to KO but in total to UConn too. Rat period!

polycom

Reaction Score
GM is not unemployed you are correct good for him. But no matter employed or unemployed he's a rat. No other way around that don't care if it was injustice to KO but in total to UConn too. Rat period!

You can feel however you want about GM, but he is in a better position now than KO, fact.

Reaction Score
You can feel however you want about GM, but he is in a better position now than KO, fact.

I could care less about the position either of them are in right now while I look at our last 3 years of basketball really! KO wasn't the only one recruiting a few years back, actually probably less than the rest.

polycom

Reaction Score
I could care less about the position either of them are in right now while I look at our last 3 years of basketball really! KO wasn't the only one recruiting a few years back, actually probably less than the rest.

The bus stopped with the leader. If KO wasn't recruiting (aka not putting in the effort) then the people around him were handcuffed in what they could or couldn't do. The reason we have some of the players on our team was because KO wanted to recruit x player, that player didn't work out so the staff had to scramble and find a replacement for that player.

Reaction Score
I read the article from June 2018 about his lawyer saying GM did nothing wrong, but knew of some possible violations and said nothing. After getting fired the NCAA reached out to him(Said by his lawyer)and he was "truthful". He also volunteered the "rumor" of KO paying a recruits mother 30K. THAT I had a huge problem with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom