Brimah up/down historic? | The Boneyard

Brimah up/down historic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anybody want to wager that there has never been a DI basketball player score 40 or more in one game and then zero the next (assuming no injury, etcetera?).

Seems like it would be almost impossible that this has happened before.

Reaction Score
Probably not, usually anyone who can go for 40 is a consistent scorer. Brimah's 40 was a fluke. Basically uncontested dunks against 6-6 guys and shot a crazy FT %.

He had 5 against Texas, so going for 0 against Puke was not completely unreasonable given he probably wasn't going to get more than 4-6 anyway.

Anybody want to wager that there has never been a DI basketball player score 40 or more in one game and then zero the next (assuming no injury, etcetera?).

Seems like it would be almost impossible that this has happened before.

Reaction Score
I think we have picked on Amida enough. He's a great kid, who is our Captiain and wants to 'learn' basketball at UConn.

Can we just enjoy observing a 'baby' growing into a man, and accept what and who he is right now?

Many Div 1 teams would love to have him and all prepare a game plan when playing against him.

Reaction Score
I have ZERO DOUBT AB is someday going to be a guy who ends up being drafted high in the first round after leading uconn through a lot of wins. He is going to be a player. People forget he wasnt able to work on his game as much as he needed to this past summer because of surgery and with the nature of the injury im sure he wasnt able to hit the weights like he wouldve liked. The kid is enthusiastic and a hard worker and it will pay off for him. I think he`ll be up and down the rest of the season but he`ll get better. With a little bulk, healthy summer and a big man camp he should really take a leap next year. This season he needs to play within himself and do the things hes capable of and not try to do things hes not capable of yet.

Reaction Score
Agree, but if he has some 20 & 10 game against another scrub team please don't post that it was impressive, or if you do post the Duke and Tex stats too.

I have ZERO DOUBT AB is someday going to be a guy who ends up being drafted high in the first round after leading uconn through a lot of wins. He is going to be a player. People forget he wasnt able to work on his game as much as he needed to this past summer because of surgery and with the nature of the injury im sure he wasnt able to hit the weights like he wouldve liked. The kid is enthusiastic and a hard worker and it will pay off for him. I think he`ll be up and down the rest of the season but he`ll get better. With a little bulk, healthy summer and a big man camp he should really take a leap next year. This season he needs to play within himself and do the things hes capable of and not try to do things hes not capable of yet.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Agree, but if he has some 20 & 10 game against another scrub team please don't post that it was impressive, or if you do post the Duke and Tex stats too.

I was on board for the OP's reasonable curiosity, and agree that it's likely unprecedented.

What's the point here? Don't I have enough folks to Ignore yet?

I wonder how many points Denham Brown scored in his next game after scoring 111.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Do you make your list of things to bitch about today before you go to bed or when you wake up?

C

Chief00

I agree Amida is a truly wonderful kid and can change a game even against a good team.
Having said that - it now comes to the quite frankly part - so if you don't like frank reality - stop reading here (the usual suspects take note).
I think it's time for Coach Miller to say - no more dumb fouls. At this point we are tired of you leaving the game 2 minutes in and shutting down for the night basically.
True some calls are bad blah blah - but fouling 20 feet away from the hoop or putting his hands on a dribbler's waist or going for the first pump fake when you can defend a guy without jumping - those days need to be over now!

Also, my advice for KO. Take note of how Calhoun handled Travis early in his career after he had similar quick whistles. Calhoun just kept Travis in and dared the refs to foul him out early - eventually they get the message and leave the guy alone - since it looks bad if a guy fouls out so early. He is not giving you anything anyways sitting on the bench then going in cold and picking up another one.

Reaction Score
Hey - sorry if this came across as negative. I love Amida and I don't care about his outing versus Dook because I know the kid give us everything he's got every time out, not one play off. Absolutely love him.

I just thought the 40 to zero was such a dramatic swing that, in 80 years of NCAA action, I bet it's unprecedented. No intent to insult at all.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hey - sorry if this came across as negative. I love Amida and I don't care about his outing versus Dook because I know the kid give us everything he's got every time out, not one play off. Absolutely love him.

I just thought the 40 to zero was such a dramatic swing that, in 80 years of NCAA action, I bet it's unprecedented. No intent to insult at all.

Didn't read yours as an insult at all

Reaction Score
I think we have picked on Amida enough. He's a great kid, who is our Captiain and wants to 'learn' basketball at UConn.

Can we just enjoy observing a 'baby' growing into a man, and accept what and who he is right now?

Many Div 1 teams would love to have him and all prepare a game plan when playing against him.

Yeah be like everyone else and pick on Phil (who was actually out there battling :eek:)

Reaction Score

Pretty sure if he gets 20 and 1o against anyone something he will do will be impressive and I hope someone posts what that is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom