Brimah to the Pacers | The Boneyard

Brimah to the Pacers

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The question is if any of it's guaranteed.

Reaction Score
Awesome! He’s been grinding in the G league for a while. He deserves a shot!

Think the Pacers have four centers now which is nuts! I guess Sabonis will play PF a lot which seems like a mistake.

Reaction Score
An Instagram comment from roeyw124 (not mad) on the signing: "How? He had terrible footwork, had butter fingers, and just got bullied around in the paint by better front court players. Arguably the worst UConn big man (based on expectations) in the last 25 years"

How in the world are there morons who still believe this? He had 1 other D1 offer and became a national champion, AAC DPOY, top 5 in career blocks, and barring injury would have been a 1000pt scorer. Crazy. Good for Amida he's a great guy

Reaction Score
The question is if any of it's guaranteed.
Pacers’ deal with center Amida Brimah is one year with a partial guarantee, per source. Potential two-way guy.

Pacers expressed interest over the last four months and he was originally slated to be with them in summer league.

Reaction Score
Pacers’ deal with center Amida Brimah is one year with a partial guarantee, per source. Potential two-way guy.

Pacers expressed interest over the last four months and he was originally slated to be with them in summer league.
If it's an Exhibit 10, that's $50k if he's cut plus $30k or whatever the G League pays? or $75k + NBA time pay for a two-way. Or vet min of ~$900k if they plan for him to make the team. Not bad

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Good for Amida as he gets a chance now

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
An Instagram comment from roeyw124 (not mad) on the signing: "How? He had terrible footwork, had butter fingers, and just got bullied around in the paint by better front court players. Arguably the worst UConn big man (based on expectations) in the last 25 years"

How in the world are there morons who still believe this? He had 1 other D1 offer and became a national champion, AAC DPOY, top 5 in career blocks, and barring injury would have been a 1000pt scorer. Crazy. Good for Amida he's a great guy
I could argue all day with those who think Brimah was a great player for us. But this isn't the time or place. Congrats Brimah, secure that bag.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

To play Devil's Advocate, I'm not sure I've ever seen less development between FR and SR years from another Husky.

After 2014, I thought he would turn into (pre-NBA) Thabeet. Instead, he...basically stayed the same.

So I guess it depends what the guy meant by "expectations." If he meant coming out of HS, yeah it's a stupid statement.

Reaction Score
To play Devil's Advocate, I'm not sure I've ever seen less development between FR and SR years from another Husky.

After 2014, I thought he would turn into (pre-NBA) Thabeet. Instead, he...basically stayed the same.

So I guess it depends what the guy meant by "expectations." If he meant coming out of HS, yeah it's a stupid statement.

I blame the coach for not developing Brimah. Nobody developed under Ollie

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I blame the coach for not developing Brimah. Nobody developed under Ollie

I mostly blame the coaching staff, too. But you'd think he'd have improved by sheer repetition and experience.

Reaction Score
KO continues to pump out NBA players! lol. Happy for Brimah. I never thought he would play a minute in the NBA.
Right. KO, the best developer of NBA Development League players in the country.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK, let's do this again.

Boatright, Daniels, Giffey, all improved under Ollie.

As for Amida, have you seen him play lately?

It's the same Amida. His game is just better made for the NBA maybe. But, it's the same Amida.
Compare the year that those 3 players improved to the years that Brimah didn't improve. You might find a surprising correlation to the years that Ollie was a good coach to the years he coasted

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Compare the year that those 3 players improved to the years that Brimah didn't improve. You might find a surprising correlation to the years that Ollie was a good coach to the years he coasted

And they played with Bazz and a year or two under Calhoun...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom