Brimah: 2015-2016 | The Boneyard

Brimah: 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think 4-5 fouls were not fouls, but the prospect of him being an nba player next year is honestly stupid funny

Reaction Score
He needs more strength and he has to dramatically improve his hands. Good shot blocker. Sub par rebounder.

Reaction Score
I don't want to hear about the 40 point game the rest of the year from announcers because against a really good team it's meaningless.

Reaction Score
He looks like he's on skates going for rebounds but he will get better... Needs work with Larry Fitzgerald

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
You are right, we have to stop talking about the NBA with this kid. He has so much developing to do.

C

Chief00

He needs to learn not to pick up 2 quick ones - his decision making not the best - great kid but needs to learn the game.

Reaction Score
Why is it that, when a kid has a tough game, somebody always has to work the "not going to the NBA" slam in immediately? Christ.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
There is not much you can do when the offensive players faces you and then runs into you and the lousy ref blows a whistle. You can't vanish into thin air.

Reaction Score
Yes no breaking Amida's cahones--but I really hope he does the smart thing and stay in school and develop a stronger body--he needs 25-30 pounds. He wont develop in the NBA sitting on a bench like he can in college. And while Hamilton is rally good--same applies.

Reaction Score
While the referees were horrid on the paint, Brimah's first 2 fouls were legit and from his standpoint downright stupid. He's a talented kid but his basketball intellect is miles behind his ability for now. If it catches up skies the limit

Reaction Score
When Samuel went out, the line up I wanted to see (perhaps earlier in the game) was Brimah, Nolan, Facey, Hamilton and Boat. They were doubling up on Ryan and this would have made our three bigs available down low after Hamilton relieves Ryan of the ball and drives to the basket.
Also on defense, could have Nolan bodying Okafor while Brimah's job was to jump and block any shots near the basket. Not sure of the outcome, but I would like to have seen this tried.

Reaction Score
4 year player with no NBA in his future unless he gains a lot of weight. He doesn't have the strength to play there.

While I somewhat agree with your sentiment (he needs to put on a LOT of weight, the NBA is a man's game), saying Brimah doesn't have an NBA future is decidedly foolish.

There was a recent SI article showing that roughly 17% of 7 footers in the world (between 20 and 40 years old) will play in the NBA. And how many of those 7 footers have Brimah's mobility, length, athleticism, and instinctive shotblocking ability? By all accounts, Brimah is a relentless worker who wants to be great. He certainly needs time to add a lot of strength/weight, but the NBA is in his future.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I love Brimah as much as anyone. But against good competition he can't rebound or score. Nothing against him but he is not NBA ready.
Good news is we get to see him develop more.

Reaction Score
He has no shot at the NBA
I would be willing to make a substantial wager that you are dead wrong with that comment. Very few 7 footers have the ability to run the floor and protect the rim like him. Just needs more strength and experience.

Reaction Score
Why don't we stop making this about whether he is going to play in the NBA. He will. But will he be any good? I actually hold the coaching staff responsible for his first 2 fouls as crazy as that might sound. For a solid week solid the talk was that he was going to pick up cheap fouls early and what was it 12 seconds? He shouldn't have been on Okafor except for help defense. Nolan and Facey did quite well, but we never let Amida get into the game. Against that kind of bulk he's a help shot blocker and really more of a shot alterer. If he was on the floor more maybe they don't get in the lane as much and to line 35 FT's. Then again maybe the coaches matched him up properly and he didn't listen and just played dumb.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Brimah has come a long way from last year, but he came in incredibly raw. No reason to expect he won't keep getting better and put it all together next year.

Reaction Score
Why don't we stop making this about whether he is going to play in the NBA. He will. But will he be any good? I actually hold the coaching staff responsible for his first 2 fouls as crazy as that might sound. For a solid week solid the talk was that he was going to pick up cheap fouls early and what was it 12 seconds? He shouldn't have been on Okafor except for help defense. Nolan and Facey did quite well, but we never let Amida get into the game. Against that kind of bulk he's a help shot blocker and really more of a shot alterer. If he was on the floor more maybe they don't get in the lane as much and to line 35 FT's. Then again maybe the coaches matched him up properly and he didn't listen and just played dumb.

He didn't even pick up his 1st foul on Okafor, it was against Winslow on the baseline where he was late getting into position trying to pick up a charge. Why do some of you guys try to make these big grand statements when you don't even watch the game closely enough to know what you're talking about?

Reaction Score
Brimah is a 4 year player.

Remember Thabeet was Great in College and a bust in the NBA.

Brimah has a long long way to go to be as good in college as Thabeet was.

Reaction Score
He didn't even pick up his 1st foul on Okafor, it was against Winslow on the baseline where he was late getting into position trying to pick up a charge. Why do some of you guys try to make these big grand statements when you don't even watch the game closely enough to know what you're talking about?
Yeah I was watching and saw where it was which is exactly my point. Had a cheap one at the foul line too. Coaching shouldn't have him bodying up these players when we need him to alter, block shots, and rebound which we didn't have him for. If he was in the game maybe we don't get killed as bad on the glass the way we did.

Reaction Score
Yeah I was watching and saw where it was which is exactly my point. Had a cheap one at the foul line too. Coaching shouldn't have him bodying up these players when we need him to alter, block shots, and rebound which we didn't have him for. If he was in the game maybe we don't get killed as bad on the glass the way we did.

The plan was to double team Okafor in the post, the 2nd foul occured when Brimah put his hands on Okafor when he faced up and drove from the free throw line, a silly move on Brimah's part. Yea, that's definitely "coaching" *yawn*. Again, why make grand statements when you don't even know what you're watching? You guys like to give these hot takes trying to stand out and end up making a fool out of yourselves.

Reaction Score

Welcome to the Internet.

Reaction Score
The plan was to double team Okafor in the post, the 2nd foul occured when Brimah put his hands on Okafor when he faced up and drove from the free throw line, a silly move on Brimah's part. Yea, that's definitely "coaching" *yawn*. Again, why make grand statements when you don't even know what you're watching? You guys like to give these hot takes trying to stand out and end up making a fool out of yourselves.
The challenge was to keep him on the floor for more than 2 minutes in the first half. You're saying that having him on Okafor straight up was good strategy? Kids can have dumb fouls but if you anticipate that he's going to be in foul trouble early (and we did) then don't put his skinny frame up against Okafor. Whatever the coaches game plan was to keep him on the floor it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom