Briefzzzz: O Pioneers! | The Boneyard

Briefzzzz: O Pioneers!

Reaction Score
Well, the season is underway. That first half was rough, we can all agree, but as Tennyson's Ulysses says, Danny made sure the boys continued "strong in will / To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield" and they ultimately came out on top. I wonder if that's because Dre wasn't in the house. They always play better when he is.

Carlton had a great a game today, keeping himself active on offense. 8-17, though, is a little less efficient than you'd expect from an elite center, and I wonder how much a more dedicated big man coach like Clyde Vaughn would help him. He'd particularly help on the rebounding end: how embarrassing to be outrebounded by the Pioneers? Rebounding numbers will improve, though, when they concentrate on the weakside. Two thirds of rebounds are weakside.

Sid and Adams were impressive. I'd been hearing rumbles that both would impress, and I'm glad my sources were right on target. It's unfortunate that there was a self-imposed gag order out there before the game, otherwise I could have tipped you off about Danny's expectations. Everyone knows Adams is grinding, but people have been down on Sid: it's just been one game, and his 50% free throw shooting might be a cause for concern, but his motor seemed better than last year.

Akok looked impressive. 4 blocks is awesome. But free throws? Jesus, 0% is going to lose us some games going forward.

Gilbert had a rough game: today he was but a poor player, strutting and fretting his two hours upon the stage. But I think he will be heard from again--this is, I think, an outlier.

Rating: 2 out of 4 Zs.

Reaction Score
Well, the season is underway. That first half was rough, we can all agree, but as Tennyson's Ulysses says, Danny made sure the boys continued "strong in will / To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield" and they ultimately came out on top. I wonder if that's because Dre wasn't in the house. They always play better when he is.

Carlton had a great a game today, keeping himself active on offense. 8-17, though, is a little less efficient than you'd expect from an elite center, and I wonder how much a more dedicated big man coach like Clyde Vaughn would help him. He'd particularly help on the rebounding end: how embarrassing to be outrebounded by the Pioneers? Rebounding numbers will improve, though, when they concentrate on the weakside. Two thirds of rebounds are weakside.

Sid and Adams were impressive. I'd been hearing rumbles that both would impress, and I'm glad my sources were right on target. It's unfortunate that there was a self-imposed gag order out there before the game, otherwise I could have tipped you off about Danny's expectations. Everyone knows Adams is grinding, but people have been down on Sid: it's just been one game, and his 50% free throw shooting might be a cause for concern, but his motor seemed better than last year.

Akok looked impressive. 4 blocks is awesome. But free throws? Jesus, 0% is going to lose us some games going forward.

Gilbert had a rough game: today he was but a poor player, strutting and fretting his two hours upon the stage. But I think he will be heard from again--this is, I think, an outlier.

You’ll never replace chief

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Akok has tons of potential but he's quite raw offensively.

Gaffney's first shot made me laugh. Nervous much?

Adams and Wilson both played well.

Reaction Score
Couple of things I haven’t seen mentioned.

Tyler Phommachanh got a few rebounds.

our lack of depth at C will hurt us. We hit foul trouble in the first half with both JC and IW out and looked bad. Need JC to stay on floor.

Reaction Score
You might want to consider sticking with what you’re good at...

I give your write up 3 Zzz’s

Reaction Score
Look. Casual fans don't understand it all. I understand. Some people just like to be negative. But I'm just going to hang out with the b¡tch3s and enjoy the first nights festivities
Good god he wasn’t prepared for the Grind! He’s losing control! Hit him with some frowny faces!

Reaction Score
You’ll never replace chief
I love this picture. Kemba very rarely dunked, maybe twice all year? Siva was the only guy he played all season that could match his quickness and he Dd up kemba well in the three times they played that year. This was the big east championship game And Uconn had lost twice to the cardinals that year. Kemba stole the ball from his toughest opponent and wanted to twist the dagger so he went in for the rare dunk and it was awesome.

I hope this years team gets some good moments like that.

080628BB-FD4D-439A-B809-856BC8783530.png

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
OMG. This was amazing to read.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Carlton had a great a game today, keeping himself active on offense.
Not really. He scored 18 and his coach said he should have had 28. Offensive rebounding weak.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score

Did you type this up outside of chiefs house?

Reaction Score
Josh had a really nice second half but he needs to throw down some of those opportunities he had. He does that he will be a real intimidating force

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom