Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
with the guys.

No wonder she never seems to tire.

Reaction Score
I saw this a few days ago and was very impressed. She truly is a gym rat!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Loved that video. She wants to become one of the best players in the country and is working to that end.

With Doty, Faris and Buck as seniors and Hartley, Dolson and Engeln as juniors, there will be no shortage of leadership on this team.

Reaction Score
Despite her smaller size, she always finished drills in the middle of the pack.

I got tired just watching it!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Bria is already a 40-minute player when need be---even at 40 mins she is still strong and makes huge plays to close out games. I can only imagine how much greater her competitive edge will be this season.

One of Bria's biggest contributions game in, game out is her relentless nature on the break. With Stewart--an extremely swift "big"--trailing on the break, Bria will be even more dangerous.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Although Bria seemed able to play a lot of minutes last season, I do wonder if the extended minutes was the reason for her shooting slump during the season. The good news is that help is on the way in the body of Moriah Jefferson. Moriah's presence should allow Bria to play more off the ball.

I love Bria's competitiveness and her fearlessness. Her decision-making improved over her freshman year and I expect it to improve even more next year when there will be more scoring options on the floor.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I do wonder if the extended minutes was the reason for her shooting slump during the season.
I was wondering the same. Maybe this new regimen will address that.

HGN

Reaction Score
Great video.........She was hanging right in there with the guys in every drill. Shows that she really wants to get better and better. Hopefully some of the other girls on the team are taking their conditioning and skills development just as important as Bria.

Go Bria.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Conventional wisdom dictates that the All-American team will comprise Chiney, Skylar, EDD, Griner and somebody else.

My unconventional anticipation is that somebody watching closely is going to ask at some point, "How in the hell can we keep either or both of Bria and Kaleena off the AA team?"

I fully expect these two to devastate opponents this upcoming season. I have predicted 35 ppg between them. I'll stand on that.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I recall a Geno show this past season where he was talking about a hard practice the kids had just had. He went on to say that Bria went to work on her own... shooting and what-not... after the practice was over. It sounded like he was not surprised in the least at her drive to be better each day. BTW: he also [maybe with a bit of exaggeration?] said that one other player promptly took a nap after practice....my guess is he was sending a message to the napper [unidentified].

Reaction Score
and then he grouchily said "and that's why the little sun of a gun is our best player in big games." Because Bria is his favorite target. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom