Brianna Turner Verbals to Notre Dame | The Boneyard

Brianna Turner Verbals to Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow. Maybe the most athletic big for ND ever. A huge blow to Baylor and Texas.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow. Maybe the most athletic big for ND ever. A huge blow to Baylor and Texas.
Agree. ETT must be totally bummed. ND is certainly setting themselves up for being the biggest contender for a NC besides UCONN. There is nothing positive for Baylor in all of this.

After landing Griner, Baylor didn't really land any true legit top 5/10 type of players with the exception of Simms. I know some Baylor fans think Prince is a super star, and she may well be, but she's not a top 5 kid in her class.

Really rough loss for Baylor.

Reaction Score
This will make Notre Dame more attractive to Calhoun..... Lloyd, Reimer, and Turner is a great nucleus.

I stand corrected... McBride will be gone

HGN

Reaction Score
WOW..........Huge pick-up for ND. I wonder does this get for ND enhances A'ja Wilson to verbal early and/or push UConn higher up on A'ja 's list , since ND was one of her choices?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Monster get !! Muffet just keeps reeling them in !

113776081_jamaica-villa-rentals-from-jamaican-treasures-slideshow-.jpg

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
WOW..........Huge pick-up for ND. I wonder does this get for ND enhances A'ja Wilson to verbal early and/or push UConn higher up on A'ja 's list , since ND was one of her choices?

They do seem like similar players - long, hyper-athletic wing/forwards --- hopefully this pushes ND down the list.......

HGN

Reaction Score
North Carolina has a #1 recruiting class coming in in 2013.........They better win a ACC crown quick because with ND's pickup of Turner the following season the ACC is going to be a battle ground between ND , UNC , and the Dukies. With ND with a slight edge IMHO.

Reaction Score
North Carolina has a #1 recruiting class coming in in 2013.........They better win a ACC crown quick because with ND's pickup of Turner the following season the ACC is going to be a battle ground between ND , UNC , and the Dukies. With ND with a slight edge IMHO.

UNC will be rebuilding, they lost their 3 best players. Freshman rarely do a good job of replacing Seniors, no mater how high they are ranked.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This will make Notre Dame more attractive to Calhoun..... McBride, Lloyd, Reimer, and Turner is a great nucleus.

McBride won't overlap with Turner (or Calhoun).

Reaction Score
Interesting... I didnt know A'ja was considering Notre Dame.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Uconn wasn't one of the schools she considered?

UConn made Turner's final 5 announced a few months ago but was replaced by Texas somewhere along the way.

Interesting statement from Turner:

These schools [Duke, Stanford, Baylor and Texas] did nothing wrong in my process, no coaching changes nor past player commentary affected my decision.

So she's saying her decision has nothing to do with Griner's recent comments or the assistant coaches leaving Baylor.

Huge loss for Baylor.

Reaction Score
Congrats to ND! I like the combination of Lloyd, Reimer, and Turner. Great 3som (2 posts, 1 guard). The only 3som to trump that one would be Stewart, MoJeff,....and Wilson! :p

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Agree. ETT must be totally bummed. ND is certainly setting themselves up for being the biggest contender for a NC besides UCONN. There is nothing positive for Baylor in all of this.

After landing Griner, Baylor didn't really land any true legit top 5/10 type of players with the exception of Simms. I know some Baylor fans think Prince is a super star, and she may well be, but she's not a top 5 kid in her class.

Really rough loss for Baylor.

Not a surprise. I said in another thread that I believed ND to be the leader. All this recent drama at Baylor was probably the deciding factor. Kim has some messes to clean up.

Time to focus on McCowan.

HGN

Reaction Score
UConn made Turner's final 5 announced a few months ago but was replaced by Texas somewhere along the way.

Interesting statement from Turner:

These schools [Duke, Stanford, Baylor and Texas] did nothing wrong in my process, no coaching changes nor past player commentary affected my decision.

So she's saying her decision has nothing to do with Griner's recent comments or the assistant coaches leaving Baylor.

Huge loss for Baylor.
Griner's comments may not have hurt Baylor with Turner , but they may not have helped. One has to wonder did Griner's comments help Turner to make up her mind. Which is what Mulkey may have been afraid of.

Reaction Score
Wow.....great pick up for ND...they will continue to be tough.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Griner's comments may not have hurt Baylor with Turner , but they may not have helped. One has to wonder did Griner's comments help Turner to make up her mind. Which is what Mulkey may have been afraid of.

Add BG's comments to the fact that Mulkey has released two assistants, and will possibly be losing a third. Mulkey has apparently created a mess that may have ruined her chances with Turner.

I am very disappointed in the way the Griner situation was handled and this may be the punishment. I'm having a hard time being supportive of Mulkey and Baylor at the moment.

U

UCONNfan1

I agree, however most highly ranked recruits are looking for an opening to start as a freshman.
Disagree. Most highly ranked recruits who go to other schools don't have nearly as much talent ahead of them. Neither Diana nor Maya started right out the gate as freshmen. Neither did Stewie, Mo, or Morgan. Now, if those kids went to any other school in American, they most likely would have started from day 1.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Most highly ranked recruits who go to other schools don't have nearly as much talent ahead of them. Neither Diana nor Maya started right out the gate as freshmen. Neither did Stewie, Mo, or Morgan. Now, if those kids went to any other school in American, they most likely would have started from day 1.

That is what I said...... the conversation was about Calhoun having a better chance of starting at ND than at UConn

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Actually, Breanna Stewart started the first 9 games of the season for UConn this season. And while Morgan Tuck seemed to mature quickly, it appeared Jefferson needed more seasoning, so I doubt Mo would have started on many top 10 teams last season. There were plenty of better PG choices out there at the start of last season for many teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom