Brianna Banks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brianna Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
OK, you aroused my curiousity, so I went to the stats. This is not necessarily a meaningful stat, but here are the field goals attempted/assists to this point.
Stewart 77/10
One thing I have noticed, when the ball gets to Stewart, it doesn't come back much. :) But I think this follows Geno's plan.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I have to add that Banks is going to get called on the carry/dribble at some point and I hope it doesn't mess with her head when it happens. It's a little bit like having a foot fault called on you in tennis. Your first response is, "What the....??" and then you have it in the back of your mind every time you serve.

I absolutely love watching her attack the lane with the dribble but there are times when I'm thankful the refs seem content to look the other way.....

Reaction Score
After watching BB shoot that floater in the high school all-star game she played in, I thought she looked like Jeremy Lamb of our guy-side.

Funny, I was thinking how much she reminded me of Kemba Walker.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
It struck me tonight that Banks is a one-on-one type scorer. Go back and check most if not all of her scoring plays. No passes, no assists. I'm not implying there's anything wrong with that. But Geno must have mellowed. Because I remember Charde Houston as a great on-on-one type scorer (except for the traveling calls) and Geno tried to change her. Just my observation.
Think about it, how many players in wcbb can create their own shots? Not many. Most don't possess a killer first step and blow-by speed like Tiffany and Brianna, or a true jump shot where they can elevate to avoid being blocked like Superwoman Maya, or the DNA lottery length of Breanna or Candace Parker. Diggins had a few blocked/deflected against Baylor because she's a set shot shooter. CD, Kelly, Stef, etc. are also set shot shooters and all need clean looks and/or a screen to launch.

What a luxury for any team to have a player like Brianna who is so lightening quick that she can take her [wo]man to the hole, off the dribble at will, or shake & bake her [wo]man to open up space for a pull-up or step-back jumper.

That's why last night and in the MD game, when things got tight and we needed a big basket that didn't come from a set play, it's been Brianna that has shined and delivered.

Last year she did what all freshman speed merchants (think Ketia Swanier, etc.) do and had difficulty harnessing all that speed and understanding our offensive flow. This year she's completely at ease, confident and playing within herself. Can't recall a single shot she's taken this year that was a bad selection or rushed. Looks like Brianna might have picked up some John Wooden literature over the Summer..."Be quick, but don't hurry"!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Briana has played great...she deserves more playing time.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
After watching BB shoot that floater in the high school all-star game she played in, I thought she looked like Jeremy Lamb of our guy-side.
Between her being a lanky lefty, lightening quick and silky smooth...she's always reminded me of Kenny Anderson.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
One thing I have noticed, when the ball gets to Stewart, it doesn't come back much. :) But I think this follows Geno's plan.
I think that's his stock quip for post players and specifically remember him chiding Kara Wolters about it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom