Briana Turner has 22 points at halftime!!! | The Boneyard

Briana Turner has 22 points at halftime!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
What a debut for her. ND is up 61-24 on UMass-Lowell at the half.

Lloyd with 18, btw.

Reaction Score
Any word on Allen? She isn't necessarily filling the stat sheet in a blow out game. Hoping she isn't hurt.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but UMass-Lowell? I mean even if it were UMass I would not be impressed, never mind UMass-Lowell. If UConn is up 61-24 at half against UC-Davis I will not be impressed, as it would be expected.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Louisville's frosh Mariya Moore is 8-9 from the field for 22 points, 4 rebs, 4 assists, and 4 steals.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What a debut for her. ND is up 61-24 on UMass-Lowell at the half.

Lloyd with 18, btw.
Hard to get too excited in a game like this (and I will not get too excited with anything the freshman accomplish at UC-Davis either.) It is certainly better than going 0-12, but ... Lowell?!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Seems like there are a lot of super freshmen this year. Putting up those kind of numbers, even against an overmatched opponent, is big time. Why? Because ND is not a 1-woman team and if they are feeding Turner that much it means she's been practicing well and is an integral part of their offense. I look for her to have a big time career at ND.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Turner is some player- 22 pts for a freshman at half time impresses me a bit- even if Biff or Tony C were guarding her! She's a player-she's gonna be a monster inside!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Whoa....I guess she'll be stepping in for Anchowa.

Reaction Score
Its like plying a junior high team............Tey came for te $$$$$$ only............

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
22 points in a half is impressive, even against a chump opponent, and especially for a freshman playing her first college game.

With a lineup of Lloyd, Mabrey, Reimer, Allen, and Turner, the Irish look very stout. We'll see in less than a month.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Very impressive for a kid who in HS averaged approx. 21 pts gm. She will be a good one. Right now shes out performing Reimer.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
22 points in a half is impressive, even against a chump opponent, and especially for a freshman playing her first college game.

With a lineup of Lloyd, Mabrey, Reimer, Allen, and Turner, the Irish look very stout. We'll see in less than a month.

I was not very impressed with Reimer last season; she looked clunky. Maybe she will show me more this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hard to get too excited in a game like this (and I will not get too excited with anything the freshman accomplish at UC-Davis either.) It is certainly better than going 0-12, but ... Lowell?!

UcM: here's someone who WILL get excited if ANY of the frosh do well.....but I understand your solid overall point as always.

Reaction Score
Just think of what ND will be next year as Turner gets a year older - yet UCONN will be preseason number 1 - expect Muffett's head to explode.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well with Stewart KML and Stokes on the bench UCD should make some baskets. It will be good for the frosh to get experience. Ek needs to knock down some shots and get her confidence going. Early season in a game like this is a good time for her to get it going.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I was not very impressed with Reimer last season; she looked clunky. Maybe she will show me more this season.
She was really thrown to the wolves- but I bet she is a force this year. We recruited her hard. At Four she made a move in the paint with the ball that was very impressive. I think she will make that big sophomore leap.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She was really thrown to the wolves- but I bet she is a force this year. We recruited her hard. At Four she made a move in the paint with the ball that was very impressive. I think she will make that big sophomore leap.
exactly... then we they choose another school they're the worse ever

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

She is looks totally different this year. Visibly trimmer and quicker and much more confident.

She had one play tonight where she grabbed the board, took a couple dribbles then fired a 3/4 court outlet pass to Turner for a layup. Another where she jumped a pass and then took it the length of the court on her own for a layup.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well with Stewart KML and Stokes on the bench UCD should make some baskets. It will be good for the frosh to get experience. Ek needs to knock down some shots and get her confidence going. Early season in a game like this is a good time for her to get it going.

laughing.gif

Something tells me this was supposed to be in a different thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member