Briana Pulido not in med school | The Boneyard

Briana Pulido not in med school

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s not uncommon for a recent college graduate to change their career path, although after handling a brutally tough premed program while playing basketball on the most demanding program in WBB, Polly’s current job looks like a breeze.

Reaction Score
It’s not uncommon for a recent college graduate to change their career path, although after handling a brutally tough premed program while playing basketball on the most demanding program in WBB, Polly’s current job looks like a breeze.

There is still plenty of time to go to med school if she truly wants to pursue that path.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is still plenty of time to go to med school if she truly wants to pursue that path.
No doubt, and Polly is a remarkable young lady, but she graduated 2.5 years ago, and med school is one tough grind. From the folks I knew who were on that track, once they got off the track they never got back on.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
None of us really know when we start down that path of life were it will lead us. We only think we do.

Not going to med school is not the worse thing that could happen to Briana. Could be an opportunity presented itself that was too good to pass up.

Best of luck to her!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What is she doing? I have no Linkdin acct.

For 8 months, Compliance Coordinator at Tropical Foods LLC

Seems she also landed a very nice sports gig for the 2019 Women's Final 4. :D

Sustainability Coordinator
Tampa Bay Local Organizing Committee
December 2018 – Present 2 months
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
Work in coordination with the Tampa Bay Sport Commission to achieve event certification from the Council for Responsible Sport (CRS) for social and environmental sustainability for Women's Final Four.

Reaction Score
Oh, no! The answer to the question "Who made the last UConn basket in Stewie's last game as a Husky?" isn't going to become Dr. Pulido? I was planning my retirement to move to FLA and have Polly at the Buzzer as my doctor! My last shot (at life) and her last shot (at saving me) melding in some fantasy now shattered . . .

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Young people really change their mind a lot. I started college as a finance major, graduated with concentrations in Political Science and Geography. I now work in media/entertainment and I'm planning to start school part time in the technology field in a few months. Careers are not static. I love learning new stuff.

Reaction Score
q
Maybe I should have written the most memorable basket instead.
Anyway, I've vowed to watch this replay at least five times every time I see it. Just look at the bench!
That’s one of my favorite parts of the video (and the team)! Every basket, by every player, is treated as a celebration of hard work and perseverance. Just love it ❤️

Reaction Score
People plan. God laughs.

Things very rarely turn out the way you expect them to.

As my daughter's boyfriend can attest, getting into medical school is difficult. Even when you check off all the boxes for qualifying, there are a lot of candidates for a few openings. Not everyone gets in just because they want to.

Reaction Score
Oh well, she did make the greatest shot in UCONN history. What could be left after that?
Are you sure this is UcWBB's Polly? Her bio says she went to USF--didn't Polly go to Uconn? Hmmm?

Reaction Score
People plan. God laughs.

Things very rarely turn out the way you expect them to.

As my daughter's boyfriend can attest, getting into medical school is difficult. Even when you check off all the boxes for qualifying, there are a lot of candidates for a few openings. Not everyone gets in just because they want to.

When God, the supreme being, cry's it' is rain, when angry it's thunder---what is it when the supreme being laughs?
If people plan properly and do due diligence, work towards that goal; Med School is likely, no guarantee. But if you really want med school you can find one somewhere, Granada?, that will accept you. Don't always hold out for the pinnacle

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom