Bria is State Farm/WBCA All-American | The Boneyard

Bria is State Farm/WBCA All-American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congrats to Bria. They got it right.

Would that put her on the Wall?

Edit: She apparently needs 13 points to get to 1000 this year (Only Sveta and Maya achieving that one..) I hope she gets it. If she doesn't, we'll have a problem.

She also joins Sveta, Maya, and Dee as the only sophomores to get on the team. Nice Bria.

Reaction Score
Amazing! I guess ESPN has to stop saying we don't have an All American or a superstar on our team! :D

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Believe that automatically gets her on The Wall in two yrs time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Bria! That is outstanding as a sophomore.

I was really hoping that Tiffany would make it, because this is her last year. I figured that Bria would make it at least once in her next two years. I think that Tiff played as well as Bria this year, but Bria was better against the top teams in games on national TV. I believe that Tiffany has found a new gear late this season and may go home with something better than AA recognition.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
That is wonderful. And yes, she will be able to have a Senior Night in which her name is unveiled on the Huskies of Honor wall.

Hopefully, by that point, she will have three Final Fours and at least one NC in tow. If not, she will be well on her way to those goals by the end of the 2013-14 season.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Congrats to Bria! That is outstanding as a sophomore.

I was really hoping that Tiffany would make it, because this is her last year. I figured that Bria would make it at least once in her next two years. I think that Tiff played as well as Bria this year, but Bria was better against the top teams in games on national TV. I believe that Tiffany has found a new gear late this season and may go home with something better than AA recognition.
If UConn manages to win an NC, and Tiff plays like she did against to UK en route to this occuring, they need to make an exception. Not saying any of that will happen, but if it does...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Full team

ApVrGnVCAAAsMyt.jpg:large

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Pretty damn good team there. Glory deserved the recognition as well. Nice to see.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Congrats to Bria. They got it right.

Would that put her on the Wall?

Edit: She apparently needs 13 points to get to 1000 this year (Only Sveta and Maya achieving that one..) I hope she gets it. If she doesn't, we'll have a problem.

She also joins Sveta, Maya, and Dee as the only sophomores to get on the team. Nice Bria.

Bria plays a very confident and mature game for a sophomore.

I especially respect how quickly Bria pushes the ball up-court at every opportunity.
She doesn't "diddle" with it; she attacks! This puts a lot of pressure on opponents' defenses and opens up many chances for transition baskets.

Bravo, Bria.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have no major disagreement with those 10.

Elena is really tall!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Crazy to me that KML is not on the list as an honorable mention. There are very few players on that list I'd want on a team this year ahead of her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just First Team and HM. Hmmm.

I'm with you, Alex--The omission of KML makes no sense.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just First Team and HM. Hmmm.

I'm with you, Alex--The omission of KML makes no sense.
Ah well- KML will have a basement's worth of hardware when all is said and done. Glad Bria got the recognition. And very glad to have both for two more seasons.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I suspect Bria made this team, because the voting is done while the coaches are at the Final Four. Bria is getting the recognition as the most valuable member of this years Final Four team in the opinion of the voters.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I am very happy for Bria but can't help wondering if Tiff is hurting a bit.....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiff will play like a woman possessed. She will leave it all on the floor--as always.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Neither Stricklen nor KML is in the top 50 players in America? I'm puzzled.

St. Johns had 3 players on the HM list. Other than them and Baylor, did any others have 3 players listed?

sTu

Reaction Score
I suspect Bria made this team, because the voting is done while the coaches are at the Final Four. Bria is getting the recognition as the most valuable member of this years Final Four team in the opinion of the voters.

She made the team because of her talent and ability.

Reaction Score
What an awesome tribute to Bria and the UCONN coaching staff........MVP for Bria come Tuesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom