bria holmes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

bria holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i think that xylina might not come to uconn she'll probably play for south carolina

Over the last few months I have opined on several threads here that the X-girl won't be coming to UCONN.
I've seen nothing to change my mind.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
well if someone had insider news, they'd keep it to themselves as it would be, well, insider news! :) what do you think your chances are of landing Hollivay? a lot of tennessee fans think her and/or Howard are must gets for them. obviously i'd love to see both go elsewhere...

Hollivay is a must get for us as well. I do think we have a small better chance, because we are her last official visit. So hopefully CVS and the crew can make a lasting impression and Rachel will vebral on campus next month. Rutgers also has links to her due to her playing on the same club team as Sykes,Lee, Wheeler etc. Some of Rachel's interviews sound like she thinks wherever she goes, some other top recruits will follow. Hopefully that is true...IF Rutgers is her choice.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Hollivay and Holmes to go along with Laney and Canty. The possibility of that line up could be challenging. CViv and crew are back on it. I thought Howard eliminated Tennessee??

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hollivay and Holmes to go along with Laney and Canty. The possibility of that line up could be challenging. CViv and crew are back on it. I thought Howard eliminated Tennessee??
Howard eliminated Duke. but wow you are right. she was down to Tennessee, ND and Maryland, and eliminated Tennessee. i just checked on her profile. i'm not sure what the deal is with Hollivay. some have her in the top 10, others in the top 20, but she's not been on any of the US national teams for her age group. did she try out? it seems odd that a player as highly rated as her wouldn't be coveted by the US national committee.

and it's kind of odd that HG has her in their top 10 as this is what they have to say about her...Utility post with good energy. Plays hard, active. Is trying to make herself an elite go-to post by scoring the basketball. Not there yet, has decent touch around the rim. Hit a 12-footer.

They must think she has some real potential as those aren't exactly the comments of a truly dominant top 10 player...

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
i've been doing more research on hollivay recently...reports show her to be an extremely athletic big at a legit 6'4"-6'5". i think she does have some real potential eric but maybe hasn't put it all together yet. she has been flying under the radar for a while i feel like. i hadn't heard anything about her officially until she released her top 5.

mike flynn did an evaluation on her that i found...

http://www.bluestarbb.com/blog/index.php/2011/05/06/atlanta-nike-skills-academy-2011/

and hollivay was at the 2009 u16 trials and the 2010 u17 trials

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wasn't Holivay in a car accident or something at one point that messed up her eye requiring glasses? I think I remember reading that at one time. That could have prevented her from wanting to do USA Basketball. Or maybe she just didnt want to play.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i've been doing more research on hollivay recently...reports show her to be an extremely athletic big at a legit 6'4"-6'5". i think she does have some real potential eric but maybe hasn't put it all together yet. she has been flying under the radar for a while i feel like. i hadn't heard anything about her officially until she released her top 5.

mike flynn did an evaluation on her that i found...

http://www.bluestarbb.com/blog/index.php/2011/05/06/atlanta-nike-skills-academy-2011/

and hollivay was at the 2009 u16 trials and the 2010 u17 trials
that makes more sense, at least on the write up - a tall athletic center who needs to get stronger (most kids do when they are 15 or 16). i did not realize that Howard had eliminated Tennessee. i believe many think you will land Ariel Butts, but i'm betting the one Tennessee fans really want is Hollivay. of course, if she comes, i think it becomes more doubtful Russell will go to Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom