Bria Hartley | The Boneyard

Bria Hartley

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Did you notice the long embrace between Geno and an emotional Bria Hartley? Tough year for her but she never stopped playing hard. Geno always believed in her. I'm so happy she was able to play well in the tournament. I expect her to have a fantastic senior season.

Reaction Score
When Bria made the three to beat the shot clock, and then made her midshot right after against Notre Dame. I knew Uconn was going to win.

And when she stole the ball to tie the game, I knew Uconn was going to win.

There are players who just dominate, like Maya Moore. And there are players who are moment players, like Sue Bird. In Kaleena and Breanna we've got a dominant scorer and in Bria we've got a moment player. Next year will be fun.

It was great for this year to end the way it did, not only for Kelly, Caroline, and Heather..but also for Bria. She showed up when it mattered, as she always does.

Reaction Score
I grew up in Lindenhurst, NY, just fifteen minutes from where Bria grew up in North Babylon. It's great to see her win the championship. She struggled mightily at times, but as you said she always played hard and showed up when the team needed her to. Just one piece of advice. Bria, no three-on-three basketball tournaments this summer. Congratulations, Bria. We're the favorite for next year. With Saniya we'll be even more dynamic offensively. Defensively, no one can replace Kelly. It will have to be a team effort, like the won that brought home the eighth championship.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno in yesterday's press conference was convinced the one player who would play well in the Championship game would be Bria. He was so right to have the confidence in her. Bria played smart and definitely outplayed the Shimmel sisters.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
You are right that nobody can replace Kelly Faris...however, I think Brianna Banks was heralded as a defensive stopper coming out of high school...maybe she will take that role upon herself next year. Moriah is a little gnat and is truly bothersome... Count on KML working hard in the off season...she has a great attitude. Our team will be different next year. Stefanie will be healthy, Stewart will be enjoying the sophomore surge, Tuck will show why Geno is so high on her, Kiah will get more minutes... If anybody gets by our guards they will face the human erasers we will have under the basket. Our guards will be able to gamble a little more on defense because they will know that the interior defense will be intimidating.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bria played the most minutes on Sunday and was effective. She was even better today.

She's a tough kid. Next year, good health will allow her to shine.

Reaction Score
We couldn't have won this without her great defense! She and Kelly made Louisville's "big 2" nonfactors really.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
IMO...that hug and conversation were about the way she played in the final four but I bet it contained a message about her key role as a leader next year....which she will
embrace bigtime. Great moment!

Reaction Score
Renee Montgomery had an up-and-down junior season before putting it all together her senior year. And she didn't have the injury excuse either.

I'm expecting a monster season for Hartley next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom