OT - Brewster Game today | The Boneyard

OT - Brewster Game today

Reaction Score
Observations on players you'll see next year in D1 in Brewster game 129-58 vs a Canadian team.

Kadary Richmond - (Syracuse to my dismay) - Handled the ball excellent in traffic and under pressure. At 6'6 he is easily more a Tate George PG than wing. This game was running and other guys were hitting deep shots so he just went with the flow. His hand was higher than the square over the basket, so he can get up more than advertised. I really wish he was ours. He's playing with 3 other 6'5 to 6'7 starters so having Jackson and Bouknight on the court with him would be just as he is playing now.

Terrence Clarke - (Kentucky) - At 6'7 physically and athleticly he is like Sid Wilson, but with a deadly shot and deft ball handling.

Matt Cross - (Miami) - This kid is an effective player and deadly shooter. 4-4 in first half 3's with 20 points at half. At 6'7 to look at him you'd think a 'tweener', not big enough to own the boards, not quite the attributes of a guard, but he will be impactful at Miami. He's a guy like Giffey who just makes a team better and is a stat sheet stuffer in every column but turnovers.

Jamal Mashburn Jr - (Minnesota) - Last year when the ball was in his hands it was 50/50 which team was going to score. He has improved significantly and hit 3-3 from 3 early. I thought he was way over ranked last year seeing him 3-4 times. Solid now.

DeMarr Langford - (BC) - Bigger than Makai at 6'5, he looked like a quality player taking the ball to the basket a couple times. He was the 5th starter and let the game flow to others. Cross, Clarke, and Richmond were dictating the game and Langford and Mashburn just took care of things that came their way. I don't recall either Richmond or Langford taking jump shots.

Marcus Dockery - (Maryland) - 6'2 PG I knew nothing about other than approx 160 ranking. Roadrunner fast. He is one of those guys that is faster with the ball than other guys without it. I'll be interested to see how he plays in other style games.

Javohn Garcia - (UMass) - 6'3 PG who hit a couple 3's and seemed like a solid A10 type player.

Alex Tchikou - 6'11 class 2021 ranked in top 100 from France. Did not play for whatever reason and with our big man recruiting I wanted to see him. If he was the guy on the bench in sweats then he seemed to need a lot of physical maturing and might not be a true 6'11.

Connor Barrett - (Valpariso) 6'5 plays hard to about that D1 level.

This year Brewster is substituting like hockey lines. FYI 6 National Prep titles in 10 years. Our source for Jeff Adrien, Jalen Adams, Sid Wilson, and original commitments from Makai Ashton-Langford and Kisunas. I hadn't realized Hurley's Rhode Island star Jarrell.... also played at Brewster.

Respectfully submitted to The Boneyard FWIW

Reaction Score
so was cross playing center if the other starters were: kadary, mashburn, langford, clark?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cross was playing center but there was no true 'bigs' for either team. Brewster will have to impose a high tempo on teams with quality power players, totally disrupt opposing guards, and use their offensive firepower to dictate the game. No way Cross can really be expected to be successful against 6'9 to 6'11 players like Kofi. Cross physically is like a Coombs-McDaniel. It's a mismatch unless you make the game too fast for the big.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom