Brew's Clues: Wichita State | The Boneyard

Brew's Clues: Wichita State

Reaction Score
Overall, a great game for the good guys on many fronts, offset only by the spectre of a possible serious re-injury of Al's shoulder...let's hope that the day-to-day status turns out in the best way possible and Al can make it back to the court in the next week.

Positives worth noting (not comprehensive):

--Great crowd! The team definitely fed off the energy, especially so on the defensive end and with the aggression that they all attacked the boards.

--Seems like a lightbulb has gone on for Jalen the last few games. He's looking to get involved on offense and defense early and often. But he's not forcing himself into bad situations. He's also bringing palpable leadership to the team during critical situations--the way he took over and got us some points when Al went out and Wichita cut the lead to 12 was critical to the win

--I think it's now safe to say that Josh Carlton has made a major step forward in his offensive and defensive abilities versus tougher competition. Couldn't be happier for him and for what it means for the team going forward.

--The combo of Carlton/Cobb/Wilson gave us 15pts/15reb/6blk. Getting this production for the rest of the season helps us have a fighting chance of competing and winning/stealing a couple games against the rest of the AAC big boys.

--Tyler played a GREAT game on defense (helping to shut down McDuffie) and was aggressive rebounding. Seemed like he may have made some steps to get out of the offensive funk he's been in too.

--CV continues to make strides towards being a controlled, effective team leader. No TO's last night and he's only had 4 in the last 5 games. Oh, and by the way, he's become a pretty lethal 3pt threat lately too...he's only shot 17/24 (50%) over the last 5 games and 28/60 (47%) over his last 10 games. I vaguely remember many here claiming that he'd never be a great 3pt shooter. Hopefully, you're happily willing to eat some instant-pot prepared crow.

Negatives:

--Al's injury. Let's hope/pray that the kid is back on the court ASAP with no long-term issues.

--Our free-throw shooting was pretty horrid last night. We can't do that in a closer game.

Awards:

Double IPA Award - Tough call but I'm giving it to Jalen
Single IPA Award - CV
Session IPA Award - Al
Imperial Stout Award - Josh for his overall strong aggressive play underneath. Must have been coffee in the stout too as his motor's been exceptional!
Sour Farmhouse Ale Award - Al's injury. Like many have already mentioned, when he shouted and hit the deck, I felt sick inside. Even shouted a series of "no no no no's"

Cheers, Husky Maniacs!!!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom