Brew's Clues - Temple | The Boneyard

Brew's Clues - Temple

Reaction Score
Even without Jalen getting hurt (and let's hope the MRI shows nothing bad tomorrow), it was gonna be tough to beat Temple tonight. They were much quicker/athletic at the 1-4 positions, blew by us all night, and decided to hit just about every shot from all over the court.

Thoughts:
--Carlton continues to be a BIG positive and welcome surprise for the last half of the season. He (and Cobb, too) absolutely abused Temple down low.

--If you want a template to beat the Owls, we showed people tonight. Have a strong inside game (and also have Temple shoot "normal") and go to it all night long until they're forced to double/triple team (then freeing up your guards big-time)

--Temple is really, really, really quick. Very nice, crisp ball movement in their offense, as well

--Temple scouted us well. We are suckers for the ball fake and over-commit to getting out on players. They used it and abused us with it all night long

--CV continues to be a very bright spot and brings it every night.

--Sid showed some signs of putting things together again...moreso in the 2nd half.

--Polley was an unfortunate no-show on offense and defense.

--I hate the moral victory thing, but we played a much better 2nd half and the fact that we managed to outscore them (even with them shooting so hot all night), outwork them, and outhustle them on the boards is a testament to gradual culture change continuing.

Double IPA Award - Josh Carlton
IPA Award - Cobb
Session IPA Award - CV
Imperial Stout Award - Don't recall a dunk all night? We'll give it to Josh for working the offensive glass like a madman in the 2nd half
Sour Farmhouse Ale Award (tie) - (1) The breakaway windmill dunk from Pierre-Louis should have never happened. Surprised CV's arm is still attached to his body after that hack/"steal". (2) Jalen's injury

Reaction Score
Even without Jalen getting hurt (and let's hope the MRI shows nothing bad tomorrow), it was gonna be tough to beat Temple tonight. They were much quicker/athletic at the 1-4 positions, blew by us all night, and decided to hit just about every shot from all over the court.

Thoughts:
--Carlton continues to be a BIG positive and welcome surprise for the last half of the season. He (and Cobb, too) absolutely abused Temple down low.

--If you want a template to beat the Owls, we showed people tonight. Have a strong inside game (and also have Temple shoot "normal") and go to it all night long until they're forced to double/triple team (then freeing up your guards big-time)

--Temple is really, really, really quick. Very nice, crisp ball movement in their offense, as well

--Temple scouted us well. We are suckers for the ball fake and over-commit to getting out on players. They used it and abused us with it all night long

--CV continues to be a very bright spot and brings it every night.

--Sid showed some signs of putting things together again...moreso in the 2nd half.

--Polley was an unfortunate no-show on offense and defense.

--I hate the moral victory thing, but we played a much better 2nd half and the fact that we managed to outscore them (even with them shooting so hot all night), outwork them, and outhustle them on the boards is a testament to gradual culture change continuing.

Double IPA Award - Josh Carlton
IPA Award - Cobb
Session IPA Award - CV
Imperial Stout Award - Don't recall a dunk all night? We'll give it to Josh for working the offensive glass like a madman in the 2nd half
Sour Farmhouse Ale Award (tie) - (1) The breakaway windmill dunk from Pierre-Louis should have never happened. Surprised CV's arm is still attached to his body after that hack/"steal". (2) Jalen's injury
Disagree about Sid. I thought he was abysmal and really needs to work on his handle. Otherwise a good summary.

Reaction Score
Disagree about Sid. I thought he was abysmal and really needs to work on his handle. Otherwise a good summary.

I do agree about his handle. Way too loose. He also telegraphs way too many of his passes. I was thinking more of him hitting a nice 3 and making some decent drives to the hoop (in 2nd half). But yea, he still didn't play a great game.

Reaction Score
I do agree about his handle. Way too loose. He also telegraphs way too many of his passes. I was thinking more of him hitting a nice 3 and making some decent drives to the hoop (in 2nd half). But yea, he still didn't play a great game.
Especially coming after a decent performance against ECU. He tried to force things which isn't his strength right now. His 2 turnovers when we were down 18 were really embarrassing. It was right back up to 25 in no time.

Reaction Score
Can the award go to the best dunk by a UConn recruit? I thought at one time NPL wanted to go to UConn.

It could.

If he had done a clean strip of CV before the nifty windmill dunk, I might have considered it...but the fact that he did his best Ash Williams impersonation to get the ball from CV negates that possibility.

Reaction Score
Can the award go to the best dunk by a UConn recruit? I thought at one time NPL wanted to go to UConn.
Yeah believe so. Visited UConn three or four times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom