Brew’s Clues – UNH Game & *BONUS* Norbrook Farm Brewery Review | The Boneyard

Brew’s Clues – UNH Game & *BONUS* Norbrook Farm Brewery Review

Reaction Score
Just got done watching the game on DVR. In true casual fan fashion, I spent the day finding a xmas tree with the family, then visited Norbrook Farm Brewery.

Here's what I have today:

**Positives:

-I love that the team comes out active, aggressive, and engaged. Seems like the lethargic starts are one thing that Hurley is helping to get rid of.
-Nice offensive flow and passing in the halfcourt vs. the zone nearly all game. Guards found the bigs in good position. A couple times, this was negated by offensive fouls on the dribble penetration by the guards, but I'll take it in the context of the progress being made
-Carlton did a great job imposing his will on inferior competition. I hope by mid-season/late-season that he starts to do the same to higher-level competition.
-Polley continues to look better and better on offense. Love that silky-smooth jumper. Is starting to become a threat to score from anywhere on the court.
-Jalen continues to be VERY efficient with his offense.
-CV continues to make progress towards highly-efficient, minimal-mistake games.

**Negatives:
-Although he had a better overall game c/w Cornell, Alterique still got himself into trouble at least 4 times by forcing drives too deep into the lane and into too many defenders.
-Whaley only got 4 minutes and looked a little tentative; seems like his ankle is taking a bit longer to heal up than anticipated...hope it doesn't impact much more of his season/development.

Double IPA Award - Carlton
IPA Award - Jalen
Session IPA Award - CV
Imperial Stout Award - Jalen / Carlton (tie)
Sour Farmhouse Ale Award - UNH player that blew the wide open dunk

***BONUS MATERIAL***

Took a trip up to Norbrook Farm Brewery this afternoon. This brewery is recently-opened & is located in Colebrook, CT on ~400+ acres of rural farmland in the middle of nowhere. The land and brewery building are both gorgeous. The beers are solid overall and I'd rate them all good to very good. Pretty good taplist (see picture) and some diverse styles represented.

Here's comments on the individual beers:
-Dennis Hill Estate Saison: Very good traditional saison.
-Mount Pisgah IPA: Balanced between east & west coast IPA. Tasty and the hop mixture (Citra, Mosaic, Amarillo, El Dorado) plays well together
-Post Digger DDH Hazy DIPA: Their NEIPA offering. Thought it was very good. Not Treehouse/Trillium level, but close.
-Cog Ale (Kolsch): A bit disappointed with this one. Flavor balance was spot-on, but carbonation was really low, which hurt overall mouthfeel
-New Day IPA: Another east/west coast balanced IPA. Fairly unique blend of hops (Ekuanot, Cascade, Lemondrop & Simcoe). More of a grapefruity/piney aroma & flavor, enjoyable.

Cheers!

Reaction Score
Forgot to add pics from the trip:
F52E80C9-5208-411C-80C0-2B5D04780E53.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member