Brendan Adams EYBL Film | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams EYBL Film

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score

Just looking back on his EYBL days with Team Melo to see what we can expect from him this coming year. He's #3 in white.

Checks in at 2:08. Nice alley oop pass at 3:50. Initiates offense then cuts for 3 at 6:25. Bad pass at 7:06. Pushes the break and nice pass at 9:06.

Team Takeover Orange vs Team Melo EYBL Game 1 pt. 2
Drive and kick for 3 at 3:35. GREAT drive and find at 8:08. Floater at 10:30. Camera cuts it off but 3 pointer on the break at 11:02.

Uses his size defensively very well vs smaller guys. Doesn't seem to pressure that much, just a little tough to get by him. He's better at creating shots for himself and others at the break since he usually looks for the PG in the half court. Good shooter, as advertised. I would look for him to be the backup for CV this year at the 2, since we have a more experienced Alterique manning the backup 1 for Jalen.

pj

Reaction Score
I still think we see Alterique and Jalen on the court at the same time as much as possible, squeezing CV once Alterique gets warmed up, as Sid and Tyler will be tough competition at the 3.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Clearly he’s got solid size, some athleticism, and a solid form on his jumper... but we’re still looking at cherry picked film from an EYBL season where he put up very pedestrian numbers.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
CV will be our 3rd guard. Don't know enough about the other 2.
I think CV will start at the beginning of the season, but as time goes on he should be benched for AG. I expect AG to be in the game at crunch time.

I hate referring to Villanova but they are the golden standard right now, but, one of the keys to their team was having a super sub in Donte Divenchenzo. Not saying that he’s close to the player he is but CV will eventually be our guy to get buckets in the 2nd unit. Just to keep the other teams 2nd unit on their heels.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks like the 4th guard to me.

5th. Smith is going to play more than Brendan, and possibly more than Vital. That's good. Somebody like Adams shouldn't be pressed into major minutes as a freshman.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
5th. Smith is going to play more than Brendan, and possibly more than Vital. That's good. Somebody like Adams shouldn't be pressed into major minutes as a freshman.
I think smith's(Goes by the nickname Smittee btw) time is going to depend on how many minutes AG can play. Hurley is going to want a true PG on the court to implement his offense. I think Brendan Adams gets time as well, especially at the 3 when we go 3 guards. He's like 6'4 so he's got enough size to guard most AAC wings.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think smith's(Goes by the nickname Smittee btw) time is going to depend on how many minutes AG can play. Hurley is going to want a true PG on the court to implement his offense. I think Brendan Adams gets time as well, especially at the 3 when we go 3 guards. He's like 6'4 so he's got enough size to guard most AAC wings.

Yes, but, in terms of who is a PG vs SG, our guards would look like this: Gibert > J Adams > B Adams > Smith > Vital. Brendan Adams is a PG, and Smith is a shooting/combo guard. So I think it is Brendan Adams who's time will depend in part on Gilbert's time. Jalen is a PG too, so I honestly expect Smith to get a lot of minutes. I think time for any of those 5 guards at the 3 will depend on what Wilson and Polley show at that spot.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, but, in terms of who is a PG vs SG, our guards would look like this: Gibert > J Adams > B Adams > Smith > Vital. Brendan Adams is a PG, and Smith is a shooting/combo guard. So I think it is Brendan Adams who's time will depend in part on Gilbert's time. Jalen is a PG too, so I honestly expect Smith to get a lot of minutes. I think time for any of those 5 guards at the 3 will depend on what Wilson and Polley show at that spot.

Generally, you find a way to get your best players on the court. While Alterique is off the court, Jalen will have most of the PG responsibilities. The more time Alterique can play, the better we'll be, because after those two there's a big drop-off down to Vital and Smith. Brendan Adams needs maybe two years of development to reach Tarin Smith's level.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Generally, you find a way to get your best players on the court. While Alterique is off the court, Jalen will have most of the PG responsibilities. The more time Alterique can play, the better we'll be, because after those two there's a big drop-off down to Vital and Smith. Brendan Adams needs maybe two years of development to reach Tarin Smith's level.

You'll get no argument from me on that. I think Gilbert will be healthy and play a lot, at least after Thanksgiving. I think Smith is going to play Hurley Defense from the outset, and Vital will need to match that to earn time. The guy who I think is projected by many here to start and get lots of minutes, who may not, is Wilson. He's a freshman, and while a nice recruit, is no "one and done" immediate star. He's going to need to beat out Smith, Vital and Polley for minutes, plus B. Adams.

I expect the same up front. Carlton, Cobb, Yawke, Diarra, Williams, Waley and maybe Polley will be fighting for minutes.

It's the first time in a long time we've had that kind of competition for playing time at almost every spot. Aside from Jalen and Alterique, I think minutes will be up for grabs. I am hopeful that it leads to a lot more on court intensity, and I expect Dan to yank anybody who starts to play lazy ball as we did so often last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom