Brenda Frese downplays high-profile transfers, restocks Maryland’s roster | The Boneyard

Brenda Frese downplays high-profile transfers, restocks Maryland’s roster

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow. Just saw this linked and quoted from guru Raoul on Twitter. That was a Grade A jerk thing thing for Freese to say. Good lord, show a little class and maturity. My fellow Minnesotans and ISU fans seem to think she walks on water because of her links to their schools. I am certainly been rethinking what I think of her the last few years.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Whew... Wait til pack pride gets a wind of this :eek:

Reaction Score
Why would any coach share something like that? That is over the line but I get a sense of bitterness since they all left and Brenda is throwing a lot of shade because she isn't happy.

Bad look regardless. You lose half your roster and continue to lose high profile STARTERS over the years. Maybe its time to look in the mirror Brenda?

Reaction Score
Haven't read the article, but this explains the tweet from Collins I saw this morning. Thanks for posting for everyone to read.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Why would any coach share something like that? That is over the line but I get a sense of bitterness since they all left and Brenda is throwing a lot of shade because she isn't happy.

Bad look regardless. You lose half your roster and continue to lose high profile STARTERS over the years. Maybe its time to look in the mirror Brenda?

I know why, but don't want to get banned this early in the year

Reaction Score
If I were the parent of a high-level recruit, I would advise them against going to Maryland based on just this quote. There are plenty of top programs where the coaches legitimately care about their players, and many others where the coach at least has the awareness not to say something like this to the media.

Reaction Score
Haven't read the article, but this explains the tweet from Collins I saw this morning. Thanks for posting for everyone to read.
Collins, Reese,Mikesell and Owusu have basically made comments that seems to take aim at Brenda today. Austin has said some vague stuff in the past as well, It looks like there is a common denominator and it's not players wanting more minutes. I wonder how those who just transferred to the program feel.

Reaction Score
Collins, Reese,Mikesell and Owusu have basically made comments that seems to take aim at Brenda today. Austin has said some vague stuff in the past as well, It looks like there is a common denominator and it's not players wanting more minutes. I wonder how those who just transferred to the program feel.
Transfers are super common and not usually a big deal but when you have players (especially starters who had great seasons) hitting the portal up annually... that screams a bigger problem to me. There is a level of unhappiness that is so strong they leave a top 10/15 team despite being a starter and having success.

Ironically it doesn't seem to stop Brenda from bringing great talent in annually. Interesting to see honestly and it is definitely something that stands out to me as a perspective recruit. Or it would to me at least.

Reaction Score
Brenda is a great saleswoman. When she talks to recruits whether they are in high school or in the portal, she knows exactly what to say and how to say it. The problem appears to be during the regular season when the games are actually played and also during the exit interviews. IIRC, Brenda has never had a transfer in the middle of the season. They always happen after the season.

Reaction Score
Yeah. It's a really weird comment. I get being a bit sensitive and feeling a bit of heat after losing two All American level players to the portal. I like the program and Frese passion but she was wrong for that. I was trying to come up with an excuse, mostly she was a little too comfortable with the interviewer and didn't realize it could be used in an article, but she's been coaching for too long for that.

Reaction Score
Wow. Just saw this linked and quoted from guru Raoul on Twitter. That was a Grade A jerk thing thing for Freese to say. Good lord, show a little class and maturity. My fellow Minnesotans and ISU fans seem to think she walks on water because of her links to their schools. I am certainly been rethinking what I think of her the last few years.
You should see the tweets about what she said from Ashley, Angel and Mimi plus what Shakira said. What she said about Mimi was just wrong.

Reaction Score
You should see the tweets about what she said from Ashley, Angel and Mimi plus what Shakira said. What she said about Mimi was just wrong.
Post them here ....or give us a link

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Brenda is a great saleswoman. When she talks to recruits whether they are in high school or in the portal, she knows exactly what to say and how to say it. The problem appears to be during the regular season when the games are actually played and also during the exit interviews. IIRC, Brenda has never had a transfer in the middle of the season. They always happen after the season.
Sa'de Wiley Gatewood quit the team midseason, but that was 13 years ago and she also left Tennessee midseason 3 years earlier.

Reaction Score
"Portaling" ??? I just hate it when someone turns a noun into a verb. I hope this word does not get an entry into the latest urban dictionary. And... Coach Freese should be ashamed of herself for her vitriolic comment. Never liked her, and apparently her players don't either!

Reaction Score
"Portaling" ??? I just hate it when someone turns a noun into a verb. I hope this word does not get an entry into the latest urban dictionary. And... Coach Freese should be ashamed of herself for her vitriolic comment. Never liked her, and apparently her players don't either!
After that type of comment, any parent should cross Maryland off their choice of schools.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Scary that Brenda thought saying that about Collins would somehow reflect positively on Brenda and the Maryland program.

See? We are a great program, I`m a great coach, unfortunately the players just aren`t bright enough to stick around!

Actually, Brenda`s the dope.

Reaction Score

Wow ... this is not something that is yours to share, and by doing so, you inferred that NC State is a lesser grad school:

"One might want to be marketed better than the other or be the leading scorer or academically, Mimi wanted to get into grad school here and didn't have the GPA to get in. So I think every kid has different reasons.”
Biggest boneheaded quote of the last...3...? 4 years in WCBB?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom