Breanna Stewart: in case you missed it | The Boneyard

Breanna Stewart: in case you missed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Geno, according to Doris Burke, told her that Breanna could be the best player he's ever had.

Think about that for a minute. Especially on a night when, without her, UConn is making the defending national champions look bad.

Reaction Score
Geno, according to Doris Burke, told her that Breanna could be the best player he's ever had.

Think about that for a minute. Especially on a night when, without her, UConn is making the defending national champions look bad.
THat is an amazing statement. Especially when you think of the greats... Taurasi, Moore, and the potential that KML has.... If she can be more impressive than KML.... I cannot even think about that...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It's crazy because she is coming in to a program that is only losing Hayes. Not that Tiff isn't important, she is very important, but Breanna won't even be needed to contribute tons right away, like Bria and Stef were. Lots of time to develop.

On the other hand, I think Stef and Bria, and Kelly to a lesser extent, improved dramatically because there was no other option.

Nice problems to have!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yep.
Yep indeed. The two best high school players in country joining a team that, as you indicated returns 10 of 11 players from this season.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
He compared Breanna to Kevin Garnett, yikes!!!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Pretty sure Geno meant she could BECOME the best player he's ever had. He probably won't expect that from a frosh.

Reaction Score
WOW!!!!! nexts years depth is going to be amazing 8-9 players rotation ?????????

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Geno meant she could BECOME the best player he's ever had. He probably won't expect that from a frosh.
Agreed- didn't mean to imply that he thought she could come in and be better than Maya or DT. But still a "woah" comment.

Reaction Score
Could be one scary team to face up against, What do you all think is going through the minds of D-1 coaches who have to play Uconn over the next four years.( not discounting this years team at all)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
woah is right. Bree has a chance to be incredibly special and mentioned in the same breath as Dee and Maya. and KML is the best player on the team this year. she's already being mentioned in the same breath as Maya. those two are going to be unreal together.

remember how dominant UCONN was with Tina and Maya (two #1 players)? well picture them with 3. Bree, KML, and Moriah.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Should be an interesting future for the fans and players!!!!

GO UCONN!!!!

Reaction Score
Hey guys, don't forget about Tina. She's definitely top 3, and might be top 2.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Thats what I was thinking! That she could BECOME.....

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey guys Breanna is the real deal. WCBB has never seen a girl who can play like her. Breanna is a Dream. Shes 6'4 with a wing span of 6'10. She handles the ball like a point guard on the break. She can shoot off the run or the dribble. She is a great shot blocker. She moves like guard without the ball. She can use either hand. She is quick for her size. She can run like a gazelle. Have I forgotten anything . I heard about her when she was in junior high. My friend told me he just saw the best post player in WBB and she was in jr high. Understand his daughters played againest Danielle Wilson, Kia Vaughn and Tina Charles and he's tell me shes better then them and she was in jr high. Google her name and watch the videos. She has the talent to be the greatest female player in WCBB ever. UConn may not lose a game while shes here, shes that dominate and almost unstoppable in a UConn lineup that supports her abilities. If CPTV stops showing the games, and they wont but if they did you couldnt buy a ticket to watch her. Every game would be sold out....and you know what, shes a great kid.

Reaction Score
Brianna has been playing BB with AA and pros for 3 years and she will not need any ramp up time to fit into this team......

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
The 2014 team will have the prototypical starting five. All five will be playing their best positions

PG....MJ
SG....BH
W.....KML
PF....BS
C......SD.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The 2014 team will have the prototypical starting five. All five will be playing their best positions

PG....MJ
SG....BH
W.....KML
PF....BS
C......SD.
Will Geno even remember how to coach a normally balanced team structure?

Reaction Score
Hey guys Breanna is the real deal. WCBB has never seen a girl who can play like her. Breanna is a Dream. Shes 6'4 with a wing span of 6'10. She handles the ball like a point guard on the break. She can shoot off the run or the dribble. She is a great shot blocker. She moves like guard without the ball. She can use either hand. She is quick for her size. She can run like a gazelle. Have I forgotten anything . I heard about her when she was in junior high. My friend told me he just saw the best post player in WBB and she was in jr high. Understand his daughters played againest Danielle Wilson, Kia Vaughn and Tina Charles and he's tell me shes better then them and she was in jr high. Google her name and watch the videos. She has the talent to be the greatest female player in WCBB ever. UConn may not lose a game while shes here, shes that dominate and almost unstoppable in a UConn lineup that supports her abilities. If CPTV stops showing the games, and they wont but if they did you couldnt buy a ticket to watch her. Every game would be sold out....and you know what, shes a great kid.

Hi Tony!
She can also shoot the 3. After I saw her play here in upstate New York in the tournament I really couldn't recall seeing a high school player on Long Island or upstate who was as dominating and disruptive. Class act, too. On Long Island we had Sue Wicks from Center Moriches, who was 6'3", played at Rutgers & was All-American 3 years, and at Delmar we had Anita Kaplan, who was All-Pac 10 as a freshman at Stanford in 1995 and was 6'5", 180 pounds. They were very good, but Breanna as you say is as complete & gifted a tall woman as I've ever seen. The thought of her with Steph & Kiah as Kiah improves is scary.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hey guys Breanna is the real deal. WCBB has never seen a girl who can play like her. Breanna is a Dream. Shes 6'4 with a wing span of 6'10. She handles the ball like a point guard on the break. She can shoot off the run or the dribble. She is a great shot blocker. She moves like guard without the ball. She can use either hand. She is quick for her size. She can run like a gazelle. Have I forgotten anything .

I think so, from what I have heard she also has a very hi basketball IQ and an incredible work ethic and drive.

There is the top tier of players - Bird, Cash, Charles, Rizzoti, Lobo, Walters, Sales, Abrosimova, Ralph, Montgomery, Bascom. Then there is that next level of players - Taurasi, Moore.

KML has a shot at the top tier, maybe Hartley and Dolson too. But Stewart has a shot at that next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom