Breanna named Naismith's POY | The Boneyard

Breanna named Naismith's POY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
May be Coach McGraw will be more gracious at this award's presentation.

arch

Reaction Score
May be Coach McGraw will be more gracious at this award's presentation.
Well if vanderveer is any example McGraw won't be.
"By herself out there, she would be another 6'4" player with some versatility". She then goes on to say niceish things about other UConn players.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Congrats to Breanna! And I will even extend congrats to Ann. Both well deserved.

Chap, she had her name legally changed from Ann. It is incorrect to address her as such really...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How amazing is this? She's now the AP, WBCA, and Naismith NPOY. In fact, the Wade is starting to seem likely. Such a huge acknowledgement of everything she's done this season. Of course, unless her team wins it all, she'll feel like it's all for naught. But in any case, she's immortalized herself in the annals of UConn WBB. I remember how thrilled I was when she committed to UConn in early 2011, and she's been everything I've hoped.

Now hoist that trophy proudly and bring the wrath of God tomorrow!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Chap, she had her name legally changed from Ann. It is incorrect to address her as such really...
Well, tell Ann to be nicer and we will show her some respect.

Reaction Score
RadyLady said:

She didn't respect Stewie. She doesn't get my respect. But out of respect to you, my friend, I will not call her Ann. Muffy, however is fair game as we had a dog named Muffett when I was a kid and we always called her Muffy.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Well, tell Ann to be nicer and we I will show her some respect.

As much as I am unhappy with Muffet right now, your choice of behavior is your choice and not mine.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
As much as I am unhappy with Muffet right now, your choice of behavior is your choice and not mine.
No, I was talking about me and Chappette. I would never speak for the board. You can change my post back now.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
No, I was talking about me and Chappette. I would never speak for the board. You can change my post back now.
I didn't touch your post. It stands as you posted it. As does my reply to it.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Well, tell Ann to be nicer and we will show her some respect.

Hey, I'm not telling her anything. I can't stand the woman, and I have made that no secret on this board for some time.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
She didn't respect Stewie. She doesn't get my respect. But out of respect to you, my friend, I will not call her Ann. Muffy, however is fair game as we had a dog named Muffett when I was a kid and we always called her Muffy.

LOL - I was just thinking that she is really out of line in so many ways, yet by calling her "Ann", well....it is similar to the thinking that two wrongs don't make a right.

Every question asked of the UConn kids during the presser about the inflammatory remarks and insinuations was responded to neatly with polite answers. I think that they set a great example.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Back to the OP ! Wow!
I really expected Stewart to get at least one award, but to have gone three for three at this point is surprising to me because I think both Chiney and Odyssey had stellar years driving their teams to great success.
I don't think the voters are wrong in selecting Stewart at all, but usually with three such viable candidates at least some splintering is the norm.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well if vanderveer is any example McGraw won't be.
"By herself out there, she would be another 6'4" player with some versatility". She then goes on to say niceish things about other UConn players.

At least Tara didn't say "We've got six Breanna Stewarts."

Reaction Score
Back to the OP ! Wow!
I really expected Stewart to get at least one award, but to have gone three for three at this point is surprising to me because I think both Chiney and Odyssey had stellar years driving their teams to great success.
I don't think the voters are wrong in selecting Stewart at all, but usually with three such viable candidates at least some splintering is the norm.

correct me if i'm wrong but none of these awards are equalent to mvps? I could see Chiney or Odessey getting some if that was the case. But if they are 'best player' awards then it's not so surprising. I kinda look at it as if all three or four were eligible for the draft who would go number one? I think a majority would say Stewart.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
correct me if i'm wrong but none of these awards are equalent to mvps? I could see Chiney or Odessey getting some if that was the case. But if they are 'best player' awards then it's not so surprising. I kinda look at it as if all three or four were elibible for the draft who would go number one? I think a majority would say Stewart.
You are correct that they are 'player of the year' awards, but as with every sports award for the 'best player' or 'MVP' or 'POY' there is usually an internal debate as to whether the best player is the player that was most important to her team, the one that put up the most impressive numbers, or the one that had the most skill. You could argue that Sims was the most important to her team, Chiney had the most impressive numbers (because of ranking at the top end of scoring, shooting percentage, and rebounding) and Stewart was probably the 'most skilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom