Breanna is MaxPreps National Girls Player of the Year | The Boneyard

Breanna is MaxPreps National Girls Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think that Breanna has pretty much exhausted ALL of the regular NPOY awards for HS girls basketball !!! She is certifiably amazing!!

What can possibly be left ?!?!?

Well, since we're now into "silly season" for WCBB, perhaps we can allow ourselves to playfully speculate on some further accolades that may await this young lady.....

Coming up next for Miss Stewart:

Breanna rings the bell on the NYSE!
Breanna solves world hunger!!
Breanna: Early entry Rhodes Scholar !!
Breanna to meet with the Dalai Lama for tea in New York !
Breanna: Will be admitted to Augusta National as their first female member on August 27 - her 18th bday !!
Breanna Stewart: She's a floor wax *AND* a dessert topping! ..... [ homage to an old SNL skit ]

:D:D:D:D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
good one VA. i'm not sure there has ever been a kid coming out of HS with more accolades than her. i'm sure there have been some (Taurasi, Parker, Moore come to mind) who won all kinds of awards in HS, but i doubt any had MORE accolades than Stewart. when you consider all the awards, her performances against top teams, and her performances on USA national teams, it's just crazy.

and one of the great things about her we keep reading is how humble she is. i can't wait to see the Terrific Three suit up next year!

Shimmer floor wax/dessert topping...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What's left? Nobel Prize. :)

Bre is going to need a bigger house!

Congrats! She is cleaning up.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't think there is a national award she hasn't won, plus she won the Team USA award for WBB. Certainly, she's someone who can come in and contribute immediately and has all the potential in the world as far as being an elite player at the college level.

No matter how good she's been at the high school level, though, just remember she doesn't know what the hell she's doing, a fact Geno will be happy to remind her of. Her college career is nevertheless a great story waiting to unfold.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
good one VA. i'm not sure there has ever been a kid coming out of HS with more accolades than her. i'm sure there have been some (Taurasi, Parker, Moore come to mind) who won all kinds of awards in HS, but i doubt any had MORE accolades than Stewart. when you consider all the awards, her performances against top teams, and her performances on USA national teams, it's just crazy.

and one of the great things about her we keep reading is how humble she is. i can't wait to see the Terrific Three suit up next year!

Shimmer floor wax/dessert topping...

The HS awards are impressive. But the USA women's basketball player of the year for a HS player is just unbelievable.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I can hardly wait to see her play at the college level...other than the Baylor game. Based on what I've seen so far, she is a much better mover than EDD and could be equally as potent on offense if she were asked to score in bunches, which she may be at some point.

Baylor needs to land Mercedes Russell if they want to have a chance at UCONN after BG is gone.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can hardly wait to see her play at the college level...other than the Baylor game. Based on what I've seen so far, she is a much better mover than EDD and could be equally as potent on offense if she were asked to score in bunches, which she may be at some point.

Baylor needs to land Mercedes Russell if they want to have a chance at UCONN after BG is gone.
I know that Mercedes has a list of 10 or so. Is Baylor on it?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I know that Mercedes has a list of 10 or so. Is Baylor on it?

Yes, Baylor is on the most recent list. I believe Baylor to be a recent add so hopefully that is a good sign that she now has Baylor in mind. She could carry on BG's tradition. I hope that she has liked what she has seen in the past year with how BG has developed as a basketball player and a person. She may relate to BG more than any other player in college at this time due to her height.

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive....lds-mercedes-russell-narrows-college-choices/

By Lindsay Schnell, The Oregonian, April 06, 2012 2:50 p.m.
AX225_3636_9.jpg
View full size
Springfield center Mercedes Russell, during the OSAA 5A State Basketball Championship final. - (Ross William Hamilton/The Oregonian)
Springfield star Mercedes Russell, the top-ranked prospect in the 2013 class according to ESPN.com, has narrowed her list of potential colleges to a top 10 The reigning 5A player of the year, Mercedes said she had decided that she will play basketball at Tennessee, Louisville, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Georgia, USC, Duke, North Carolina, LSU or Baylor, the 2012 national champion.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Breanna's ball-handling skills in the full court are amazing for her height. It's not just that she can handle it in a small space...bounce it two or three times to get off a shot in the paint but she can go 94 feet with speed and skill.
I saw Cicero play Murry Bergtraum in March of 2011 and 3 times in the first half Breanna got the ball 90 feet from the basket and dribbled around and through the entire Bergtraum team and finished with a lay-up. All three times the folks around me kinda looked at each other and went 'wow'.

She will be a real asset in breaking presses....both as an outlet for a guard to pass to and then she can look over dudes and advance the ball down the court....or she can simply bring the ball up herself....especially effective if 'bigs' are guarding her.
Breanna is not a guard per se but she has some serious guard skills that will serve UConn well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think that Breanna has pretty much exhausted ALL of the regular NPOY awards for HS girls basketball !!! She is certifiably amazing!!

What can possibly be left ?!?!?
USA Today and Parade. mmm that's all I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom