Breanna/Christyn Same Mindset? | The Boneyard

Breanna/Christyn Same Mindset?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe you saw the first Geno show of the year, but mine is still a virgin on the DVR. If you saw it you know Geno compared Christyn to Breanna. If you didn't you can catch some of it here: UConn Women’s Basketball: Geno Auriemma Says Freshman Christyn Williams Reminds Him of Breanna Stewart

"One key to that development will be Williams’ ability to be a volume scorer for the Huskies. She has had just one 20-plus point game so far this season, with her 19 points against Cincinnati as her second highest scoring performance. For comparison, at the same point in her freshman season Stewart had posted 20 or more points in five games.

Williams remains the most efficient shooter in UConn’s lineup so far. Her 1.30 points per scoring attempt rank among the top two percent of players in the nation. Stewart was scoring 1.22 points per attempt after the same number of games in her freshman year."

She's had games when she practically faded away (Baylor for instance). Hopefully she'll iron this out and have fun and score, score, score. She has to be on if the rest of the contenders are going to feel UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't see it. Different kids, different games. Breanna always had a bigger upside, but at IIRC at this point in her career she was struggling. Christyn seems like she getting more confident in each game. She have freshman moments, no doubt, but she has a lot of grit. Wish Dangerfield would look for her a bit more.

Reaction Score
In order for UConn to win another championship I think MW needs to learn how to work in the lane to defend/score and then CW needs to take a similar track that Stewie did where she worked out the kinks during the season and then just turned it on in the tournament and it was all over for every other team....

Reaction Score
Maybe you saw the first Geno show of the year, but mine is still a virgin on the DVR. If you saw it you know Geno compared Christyn to Breanna. If you didn't you can catch some of it here: UConn Women’s Basketball: Geno Auriemma Says Freshman Christyn Williams Reminds Him of Breanna Stewart

"One key to that development will be Williams’ ability to be a volume scorer for the Huskies. She has had just one 20-plus point game so far this season, with her 19 points against Cincinnati as her second highest scoring performance. For comparison, at the same point in her freshman season Stewart had posted 20 or more points in five games.

Williams remains the most efficient shooter in UConn’s lineup so far. Her 1.30 points per scoring attempt rank among the top two percent of players in the nation. Stewart was scoring 1.22 points per attempt after the same number of games in her freshman year."

She's had games when she practically faded away (Baylor for instance). Hopefully she'll iron this out and have fun and score, score, score. She has to be on if the rest of the contenders are going to feel UConn.
Baylor plugged the middle , when CW got past them BIG swatted it A FROSH didn't do any better than the Seniors in that. It won't happen again

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Hmmm. I think @Biff could give us some nice images of Stewie with a puff.
separated_at_birth.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Exactly! I love those ladies, but I’m glad I’m not the only who noticed.

I share your sentiment, however, and I mean this in a kind way, it is against tradition to refer to our players as ladies. There are no ladies in UConn hoops. You aren't the only one. Women is fine. Ladies not so fine. We leave that for the Orange.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom