Breanna article from Guardian | The Boneyard

Breanna article from Guardian

Reaction Score
Some of this courage just comes from her innate nature; some of it comes from how her folks raised her; and some of it comes from 4 years of the toughest love possible during UConn practices. Geno is turning out a whole generation of female leaders.

"She admits a thick skin, something necessary for sport at the highest levels anyway, is handy when you take a stand. “Some people don’t like what I’m saying, but it’s my life and I’m living it the way I want to and I feel like I’m making a difference.

“I haven’t had people come up to me, usually people hide behind a phone or computer and say it on social media. That’s fine – people say negative things about my game on social media too. I’m used to it.”

Reaction Score
“It’s a mixture of things. Growing older; having a better understanding of what’s going on in our world, politically or in terms of equality;"

I don't think she has a clue about what's going on in the world outside of a basketball court. A college degree, success in such an irrelevant vocation as sports, seems to validate in today's athlete's minds that they need to jump in and spout off on any social feel good initiative that crosses their path.

Reaction Score
“It’s a mixture of things. Growing older; having a better understanding of what’s going on in our world, politically or in terms of equality;"

I don't think she has a clue about what's going on in the world outside of a basketball court. A college degree, success in such an irrelevant vocation as sports, seems to validate in today's athlete's minds that they need to jump in and spout off on any social feel good initiative that crosses their path.

I don't understand - you've presumed that she doesn't have a clue about what's happening in the world, yet you somehow have full knowledge of her thinking, reading, experiences, etc.?

Her vocation and education in no way preclude her from responding to what she sees happening in society. Same goes for any athlete.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

?? Think tanks, interest groups and corporate media (who get much of their "news" from the opinions of think tanks and interest groups), use a scholastic approach to knowledge that is a throwback to the university system before the scientific revolution, i.e., choose your research to fit your agenda/beliefs. With the original university system that agenda was the church's; now that agenda is whatever conservative, liberal or corporate interest is funding the think tank/interest group/corporate media. When most of society, including scholars, get their "news" from these three sources, just who do you think has a real clue about what is going on in the world?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom