Breakout Players for 2014 | The Boneyard

Breakout Players for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not bad Matt but I think you can make an argument that Foxx and Ashiru had their breakout years last year.

Mariner is the easy choice on offense but I'm going with Dhameer Bradley and McBryde.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Offense - Kamal Abrams (2013 - 4 rec, 34 yds; 2014 breakout - 40 rec, 600 yds, 5 TDs)
Defense - Marquise Vann (2013 - 17 total tackles, 1 fumble recovery for TD; 2014 breakout - 50 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT)

Reaction Score
I hope to see Foxx used effectively in the slot and on little screen and pitches...kinda how I always wished Nick Williams was used...

Reaction Score
The only established star (at least to us he is a star) player on the team is Davis, every other player is a breakout candidate.

I want to see Obi go beast mode this season, and hopefully Casey proves the last two games last season were just the beginning of a fantastic career.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I hope to see Foxx used effectively in the slot and on little screen and pitches...kinda how I always wished Nick Williams was used...

That's kind of the role I envision for him too. Put him in motion, line him up in the slot, end-arounds (and fakes), screens, etc. He had a good close to the season last year playing this type of role.

Reaction Score
That's kind of the role I envision for him too. Put him in motion, line him up in the slot, end-arounds (and fakes), screens, etc. He had a good close to the season last year playing this type of role.
He can really be a big weapon for us no doubt.

Reaction Score
I like CC, but if Tim Boyle is the breakout player of the year UConn will be 7-5 and win its bowl game.

Reaction Score
I like CC, but if Tim Boyle is the breakout player of the year UConn will be 7-5 and win its bowl game.

keep-calm-and-stay-high-15.png

I think Boyle has a bright future. But he's redshirting this year barring a catastrophic season. Catastrophic seasons don't end with bowl games.

Reaction Score
Tyler Samra, Richard Levy, Gus Cruz, and Knappe/Gifford.

Graham Stewart Cole Ormsby and Reuben Frank on d.

Rueben Frank will be a stud on Defense. Old reliable Max D has been pushed in camp and I expect a strong showing from him. Once Mariner and Newsome get their feet wet they will add explosiveness to the offense. Jazzmer Clax will be more than a blocking back.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I would hope it is Frank on D with all sorts of QB pressure.

On O, would love to see Levy establish himself as a permanent fixture.

On Specials, it would be great to see Foxx lift the return game to a new level and get us back to what used to be a strength of the team (oh for the days of Robbie Frey and Nick Williams).

Reaction Score
Dhameer Bradley, Julian Campenni, Tommy Meyers and Justin Wain.

Reaction Score
I will keep to the format (somewhat).

On D - Graham Stewart - From reading HCBD comments and how important the LB play is, we need him to have a good, no great year.

On Special Teams - I will take Newsome returning kicks. I just think that field position will be a big part of the game this year, I still dont think we have an offense that can sustain long field drives, so kick returns will be key.

On O - I am going go with Max. I think we will see a lot of running, and with the talk of the two TE sets, I think it will be a power running game, and Max will give us what we need to move the ball and be hard to tackle.

Reaction Score
I agree on Foxx and Ashiru. Foxx will emerge as a real consistent weapon, returner, slot reciever. I'm less convinced on the kicker, though I doubt he'll be worse than the last guy. I also think Marriner will firmly establish himself as the next UConn running back in the line that began with Caulley through Brown, Dixon, and Todman by season's end. On 3rd & 2 everyone in the building will know he's getting the ball and he'll still gain 4 yards.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Foxx can't drop passes like he did last year. I'll go with the linebackers, especially Stewart. I'm looking for them to emerge into the 3-4 version of a Lutrus/'Bama/Lloyd middle line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom