breaking records | The Boneyard

breaking records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big article in the paper (on-line) today about Alabama's opportunity to break records with another NC win tonight. Will there be much coverage/articles about UCONN matching there own record tomorrow or breaking that record on Saturday.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Big article in the paper (on-line) today about Alabama's opportunity to break records with another NC win tonight. Will there be much coverage/articles about UCONN matching there own record tomorrow or breaking that record on Saturday.

If the game was on espn/espn2, I imagine there would be some residual exposure. Since the game is on CBSSN, I think we will only hear crickets.

The only UConn stuff I am hearing is when they are connecting Sabin to Geno as best coach / program

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Geno is impressive, but he still isn't in the same league as the developer of one of the greatest products known to mankind.;)

Reaction Score
No! College football rules and it's pretty obvious because if it didn't, wouldn't UConn be in a power conference??? Not to say there shouldn't be a great amount of coverage because the Huskie ladies are marvelous!

Reaction Score
In all fairness, let's compare apples to apples. If Alabama beat the #2 team in the country tonight, it wins the national championship and for Saban it pretty much puts him in the conversation as one of the 2 or 3 best (maybe the best) college football coach ever.

If UConn wins against a much less worthy (though still worthy) opponent Tuesday, it just ties its own record. And every win after that sets a new record. If UConn manages to win through South Carolina and get to 100, I think there'll be lots of press.

The media sucks when it comes to covering women's sports. But this isn't a close call, IMO: tonight's football game is EPIC!!

Reaction Score
They play a lot fewer games, which means there is a better chance for a game to be EPIC! All of UConn's games are epic because they play at the highest level no matter the score.

Reaction Score
In all fairness, let's compare apples to apples. If Alabama beat the #2 team in the country tonight, it wins the national championship and for Saban it pretty much puts him in the conversation as one of the 2 or 3 best (maybe the best) college football coach ever.

If UConn wins against a much less worthy (though still worthy) opponent Tuesday, it just ties its own record. And every win after that sets a new record. If UConn manages to win through South Carolina and get to 100, I think there'll be lots of press.

The media sucks when it comes to covering women's sports. But this isn't a close call, IMO: tonight's football game is EPIC!!

EPIC..m I think this is the 17th EPIC football game of the century.
Oh wait. This is only 2017..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog