Breaking!!! C7 leave big east | The Boneyard

Breaking!!! C7 leave big east

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Every thread made in the past 24 hours has been about this story, so there's not much left to say unless you count Big 12 rumors.

Reaction Score
Well, guess UConn doesn't have to worry about that loss of grant money from the state. Were rollin in exit fees right now.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Well, guess UConn doesn't have to worry about that loss of grant money from the state. Were ****ing rollin in exit fees right now.
I don't think there will be exit fees

Reaction Score
If the basketball schools do in deed leave the Big East after this year,Louisville and Notre Dame may be able to join the ACC next year.Will this have any effect on Louisville playing Uconn in football next year,since they're no longer in this disaster of a conference?

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
It would be hilarious if we had no conference schedule to play in any sports next season.

Reaction Score
Has anybody read any of the other boards ?it just seems like everyone absolutely despises Uconn, and can care less what happens to us.What .... did we do to deserve this crap ? Welcome to Gilligan's Island.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Has anybody read any of the other boards ?it just seems like everyone absolutely despises Uconn, and can care less what happens to us.What .... did we do to deserve this crap ? Welcome to Gilligan's Island.
I've found that that isn't particularly productive particularly on a shitastic day like today.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I may be an eternal optimist but I think that we will end up in a Big 5 conference. I am struggling to come up with any contributions that the "C7" have made to the league in the last 20 years. They certainly benefited from the success of UConn, Syracuse, WVU, Pitt, and Cincy. Good riddance. We'll be fine.

Reaction Score
This could speed up our move to another conference. Looks bad now but let's give it a couple months.

Reaction Score
They will have NYC and MSG that will make them difficult to recruit against.
What will we have to offer. All the other schools you mentioned are safely in other conferences. Do you think that they won't continue to throw dirt on us to recruits.
Unless we get into a major conference soon the game is pretty much over.
Really the only hope we have is conference expansion.
There really aren't that many FSB football schools to choose from especially with 0 competition and our market position.
In two years unless the State is willing to subsidize a huge investment we will be in a death spiral

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
So....the nervous CYO peeps may leave. Without us. Nice. We upgrade football to protect our basketball and the reverse happens? Sickenly ironic.
What we do not have is time. The monitoring by FatBoy and PrettyLady needs to stop. Perception is everything in 2012. I perceive them both as a fail. That is why I let the nightly soliciting calls from the Uconn Foundation go to answering machine. Suzy: go slow, no dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom