Brayden Brown Transfer | The Boneyard

Brayden Brown Transfer

Reaction Score
His film looked pretty good on both sides of the ball. Good vision and adjusted to the ball well. If there was resistance to him wanting a change I would understand on his end.

Reaction Score
He certainly met what we were looking for from a speed standpoint. It's a shame we couldn't keep him around, though there were indications that there were other, personal reasons for his leaving besides a desire to play offense.

Reaction Score
I thought someone had said he wanted to be closer to home. I doubt the staff would tell him he couldn’t play offense, especially since we have zero depth at rb.

Reaction Score
Anybody have any ideas as to what current player or recruit is likely to be converted to a RB if we fail to land a 4th RB?

You can't go into a season with just three RB's and Braydon Brown would have been the most likely candidate. We have many WR's and DB's to chose from.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Anybody have any ideas as to what current player or recruit is likely to be converted to a RB if we fail to land a 4th RB?

You can't go into a season with just three RB's and Braydon Brown would have been the most likely candidate. We have many WR's and DB's to chose from.

My guess would be no one and that we seek a grad transfer to plug the hole

Reaction Score
I thought someone had said he wanted to be closer to home. I doubt the staff would tell him he couldn’t play offense, especially since we have zero depth at rb.
Edsall was adamant at signing day he was going to play safety. I think the kid clearly wanted to play offense. It may have been a family issue, I don't know how much closer Lackawanna is to his home than Storrs.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We will land a second scholarship RB this class. Even if we don’t get one by signing day, expect something to happen sometime this spring like the Mensah deal. They will save one slot, no way we don’t save one slot. Maybe Sims gets the call.

Not many guys on the roster that I call played much RB I’m HS that look like they could switch to RB. Gardner played RB, but I would be stunned if we moved a guy like that to offense.

I do think one or two of last year’s DBs ends up with a new position or exiting the program by game 1 next year. All the new blood is going to put some kids deep on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
More than likely we will get another RB recruit but if we didn't i'm guessing either Skanes or Zavier Scott could be used in a pinch. Scott played some RB in high school and has the size to do it. Skanes ran the ball a lot as a QB in HS.

Gardner and the current LB recruit from Hartford both have the ability but we are so thin at LB I doubt they would be moved.

Jay Rose i'm guessing will probably serve as a blocking FB in some situations so he could possibly get some reps running the ball too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Not sure metsfan but our new Messiah recruit might fit the bill in a pinch. His opener on the highlight video has him going down field 46 yards in coverage catching a slightly under thrown pass shaking off an initial grab and returning the ball 76 yards for a TD. He did seem winded at the goal line as a couple players caught him or he knew he had it and backed off. Nothing to be ashamed of after covering 122 yards + in one play. ;)
This kid is very versatile as his basketball video showed this also.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom