Brandon Wimbush

Realistically speaking, we should have at least 4 scholly QBs on our roster with 3 that have the ability to play right away. Hopefully we bring in somebody else, whether it be a grad transfer or juco kid
With Pindell and Bisack gone it’s time to pass the torch to Krajewski, Washingtin or McAfee. They paid their dues and should compete for QB1. They will be able to handle the offense. We need to develop these kids instead of bringing in a JUCO or transfer and have them sit out another two years.

What message will you be sending to new recruits? “Hey, come to UCONN because we told you we want you to be part of the change and rebuild this team. Oh wait, you already sat out two years and we are bringing in another QB with two years eligibility left.” Most of the backup qb’s from other teams that had transfers come in put their names in the transfer portal. I would hate to see that happen here. I believe Edsall has confidence in the four QB’s, he awarded scholarships to, and lead this team in 2019 and beyond. Go Huskies!

With Pindell and Bisack gone it’s time to pass the torch to Krajewski, Washingtin or McAfee. They paid their dues and should compete for QB1.
I respectfully disagree. Never pass on an opportunity to upgrade the all important QB position. You can't be worried about hurting feelings, create competition and let the best man win.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
With Pindell and Bisack gone it’s time to pass the torch to Krajewski, Washingtin or McAfee. They paid their dues and should compete for QB1. They will be able to handle the offense. We need to develop these kids instead of bringing in a JUCO or transfer and have them sit out another two years.

What message will you be sending to new recruits? “Hey, come to UCONN because we told you we want you to be part of the change and rebuild this team. Oh wait, you already sat out two years and we are bringing in another QB with two years eligibility left.” Most of the backup qb’s from other teams that had transfers come in put their names in the transfer portal. I would hate to see that happen here. I believe Edsall has confidence in the four QB’s, he awarded scholarships to, and lead this team in 2019 and beyond. Go Huskies!
You have confidence in Edsall's ability to recruit a QB out of high school? We must be following different programs.

Feelings shouldn't matter is FBS football. Let alone coming off a 1-11 season.

You have confidence in Edsall's ability to recruit a QB out of high school? We must be following different programs.

Feelings shouldn't matter is FBS football. Let alone coming off a 1-11 season.
HS QBs recruited by Edsall that enjoyed success at UConn, Orlovsky...Endres. Am I missing any? Big drop off from #1, to #2, I don't believe there is a#3, but if i had to name one it's probably DJ.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
HS QBs recruited by Edsall that enjoyed success at UConn, Orlovsky...Endres. Am I missing any? Big drop off from #1, to #2, I don't believe there is a#3, but if i had to name one it's probably DJ.
To that point Endres had a 11/9 TD/INT ratio, DJ 15/10, Bones 11/10.

The transfer/JUCO route has been kinder with Lorenzen, Frazer and Pindell.

To that point Endres had a 11/9 TD/INT ratio, DJ 15/10, Bones 11/10.

The transfer/JUCO route has been kinder with Lorenzen, Frazer and Pindell.
I didn't even look at the numbers. I was going off memory and the eye tests as I remember. Bones and DJ were limited passers/throwers. Bones couldn't throw an out, and DJ also had limited ability though he seemed to have a feel for the position. Endres could really pass unfortunately he could also toke.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
I didn't even look at the numbers. I was going off memory and the eye tests as I remember. Bones and DJ were limited passers/throwers. Bones couldn't throw an out, and DJ also had limited ability though he seemed to have a feel for the position. Endres could really pass unfortunately he could also toke.
I agree with you. Endres was the best of the bunch. My most vivid memory of him though was over throwing Kashif Moore (think it was him) against WVU at the Rent in 2008.

Think we were up like 10-7 and the TD would have made it 17-7, which would have been a huge deal given we had never beaten WVU in our history at that time and momentum appeared to be on our side.

One thing we know about Washington is he does have the arm strength. He's got the Zach Frazer whip with added mobility, he just needs to get right with the coach and protect the ball. Reports are Krajewski can sling it too, but there should be no hesitation to give them competition.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
The staff has to look at every viable option at QB, especially when the position is wide open as it is right now.

The best thing the three guys that are there can do is soak up that play book and kick butt this spring when they get their snaps. Got to play at a level that makes the staff feel stupid for bringing in a juco QB.

Plus, there isn’t a program out there that isn’t doing the same thing to their HS QBs. Every program is attempting to ‘over recruit’ their current QB with very few exceptions.

One thing we know about Washington is he does have the arm strength. He's got the Zach Frazer whip with added mobility, he just needs to get right with the coach and protect the ball.
Looked liked a turnover machine, also seems to suffer from immaturity off the field. Hard to hitch your wagon to that.

I hope he he gets it together.

Looked liked a turnover machine, also seems to suffer from immaturity off the field. Hard to hitch your wagon to that.

I hope he he gets it together.
Definitely, but its not uncommon for a freshman or RS freshman to be a turnover machine out of the gate. Frazer had the same problem. Those first few times on the field have often been described as drinking through a fire hose.

I agree with you. Endres was the best of the bunch. My most vivid memory of him though was over throwing Kashif Moore (think it was him) against WVU at the Rent in 2008.

Think we were up like 10-7 and the TD would have made it 17-7, which would have been a huge deal given we had never beaten WVU in our history at that time and momentum appeared to be on our side.
Hit him in stride.

that's not how life works and it's certainly not how college football works. see: OSU and Justin Fields/Tate Martell.