Brandon Wimbush

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Wouldn't it be nice?
But doubt if he even looks at UConn
I'd like to think that the QBs UConn - Krajewski, Washington and the new kid from Canada will fit in nicely and RE2 can concentrate on some beef for the lines and linebackers (can never have enough)
The signings, I feel, were a good start

I'm a little bothered by the fact that I got so many likes on my response above.(not many but more than I was hoping).... Shows our lack of hope (as a fanbase) that we can't get an upper echelon kid to come here and help put our football program in a position (again) to do things that nobody ever thought we could do (like beat Notre Dame on their home field)... We've got the physical intangibles on campus (facilities).. Somehow we gotta find a way to get kids like this (not many) to mix in with the diamonds in the rough to get this thing moving. I for one believe it's possible...

Wouldn't it be nice?
I'd like to think that the QBs UConn - Krajewski, Washington and the new kid from Canada will fit in nicely and RE2 can concentrate on some beef for the lines and linebackers (can never have enough)
We do need to make sure that we sure up BOTH OL and DL.. That's a must in order for us to succeed.. We saw the last 2 seasons we've been behind the 8 ball on DL.... Just not enough size/talent to hold up past 2 quarters...

I'm a little bothered by the fact that I got so many likes on my response above.(not many but more than I was hoping).... Shows our lack of hope (as a fanbase) that we can't get an upper echelon kid to come here and help put our football program in a position (again) to do things that nobody ever thought we could do (like beat Notre Dame on their home field)... We've got the physical intangibles on campus (facilities).. Somehow we gotta find a way to get kids like this (not many) to mix in with the diamonds in the rough to get this thing moving. I for one believe it's possible...
Unfortunately, the intangibles only come into play when there are tangibles of which we have very few if any at this time. Hopefully next season we start moving the needle the the other way. I'm hoping that we have bottomed out & show some improvement next season. We are still thin as a blade of grass talent-wise.

Do we know if there is even the slightest bit of interest? I’m assuming he is looking P5 since several teams have vacancies.

Wouldn't it be nice?
Realistically speaking, we should have at least 4 scholly QBs on our roster with 3 that have the ability to play right away. Hopefully we bring in somebody else, whether it be a grad transfer or juco kid

No chance. The local papers in Jersey (he's from Teaneck and went to St. Peter's in Jersey City) have him looking at:
  • Penn State - Likely as Trace McSorley is graduating and his back-up is having surgery for something, thus Wimbush would jump to the front of the line for next season
  • G-Tech: New coach with new offensive system that looks to fit Wimbush well and his Mom just moved to the Atlanta area
  • Maryland: Rumors is that Wimbush is Locksley's back-up plan if he unsuccessful in luring Jalen Hurts to College Park
  • Ohio St: Recruited Wimbush before and may have an opening if Dwayne Haskins goes pro after this season, the Buckeyes are also after Georgia's Justin Fields
  • Rutgers: The paper admits it's a dream, especially as they started a freshman QB last season and also pulled in Johnny Langan a local QB star from Bergen Catholic who transferring after Boston College asked him to switch potions

Wouldn't it be nice?
Can never have too much pitching. The Sox finally learned that after decades. Think it applies to UConn FB too.