Brady Ernst (PF/C) – JuCo | The Boneyard

Brady Ernst (PF/C) – JuCo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Decommitted from Xavier:

6-foot-10, 230 lb pure big man. Spent his first season at Iowa State, but redshirted w/ knee issues, and then went JuCo for a year. Has 3 years of eligibility left.

"Ernst averaged 9.4 points on 63.7% shooting to go with 6.5 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game this season at Indian Hills. He was expected to add rebounding on both ends of the court and is a catch-and-finish player around the rim on offense."

No idea if we're recruiting him, but as others have noted, there are always kids available this time of year. My guess, though, is that he stays in the midwest.

Reaction Score
"I really pride myself on defense and rebounding," Ernst said. "I like to contest shots, change shots and protect the rim. Just play physical and do a lot of the little things."

Pretty please - 6'9, 237 I'm all in. Check the picture below good sized kid while at Iowa State a year ago I'm sure he's getting even bigger. Need that type especially with the mindset of a rebounder/defender.

Xavier lands JUCO big man for 2017-18

Reaction Score
Eh...while I get that we need big bodies, I'm not sure if this guy is much better than the St. John's kid and we'd have him for 3 years. At this point, I think I'd save the scholarship for 2018 when Chill can really sink his teeth in, or take a post-grad who doesn't take up a 2018 'ship.

Reaction Score
Eh...while I get that we need big bodies, I'm not sure if this guy is much better than the St. John's kid and we'd have him for 3 years. At this point, I think I'd save the scholarship for 2018 when Chill can really sink his teeth in, or take a post-grad who doesn't take up a 2018 'ship.

Makes sense too didn't equate the 3 years because I am so desperate for a big. Thanks for bringing me down form the ledge Mooch!

Reaction Score

Sign him up. Big guy with decent footwork, touch around the basket, and what looks like a pretty nice mid-range jumper.

Take it back Mooch maybe 3 years of him would be a nice fit. Some really good things to see on this video at least, will rethink this one. Thanks WhereistheDove.

Reaction Score
Take it back Mooch maybe 3 years of him would be a nice fit. Some really good things to see on this video at least, will rethink this one. Thanks WhereistheDove.

Ha...I actually do like that video. Looks like a world beater but let's keep in mind he only averaged 9 and 8 in JuCo.

Reaction Score
Ha...I actually do like that video. Looks like a world beater but let's keep in mind he only averaged 9 and 8 in JuCo.

Yeah I know but he's long, active, athletic and we know in JC the guards run the show even more than the high level programs so he's "earning" his 9 points LOL, not exactly throwing it into him all that often. I mean it's video I get that but I really like what we are seeing from it.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind a lot of the best jucos have a ton of D-1 guys. There was a guy committed to Syracuse (Diagne I believe) who barely played in the Fla. State Juco tourney last year they were 10 deep. A lot of teams are real deep. I don't worry as much about 9 and 8.

Reaction Score
Yeah I know but he's long, active, athletic and we know in JC the guards run the show even more than the high level programs so he's "earning" his 9 points LOL, not exactly throwing it into him all that often. I mean it's video I get that but I really like what we are seeing from it.
Absolutely guards run the show in juco.

Reaction Score
What's not to like about this kid. Moves, well, very active, can shoot it.

Sign him up!

Need I remind you'all that we are in desperate need of some quality talent up front?

BTW, we cant leave all these quality white guys only for WVU, Wiscy and Gonzaga. UCONN needs to get in on this action. ;)

Reaction Score
Decommitted from Xavier:

6-foot-10, 230 lb pure big man. Spent his first season at Iowa State, but redshirted w/ knee issues, and then went JuCo for a year. Has 3 years of eligibility left.

"Ernst averaged 9.4 points on 63.7% shooting to go with 6.5 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game this season at Indian Hills. He was expected to add rebounding on both ends of the court and is a catch-and-finish player around the rim on offense."

No idea if we're recruiting him, but as others have noted, there are always kids available this time of year. My guess, though, is that he stays in the midwest.

We definitely can use him, real thin in experience and bodies in the post right now.

Reaction Score

Sign him up!

Need I remind you'all that we are in desperate need of some quality talent up front?

BTW, we cant leave all these quality white guys only for WVU, Wiscy and Gonzaga. UConn needs to get in on this action. ;)

Don't forget Purdue!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If this kid can rap and help win two NC's it's a no brainer.

TO (2)=BE(2)>Boeheim (1)

Reaction Score
the little of stuff I've seen from this kid makes me think of David Lee a little.... loves to crash the board I see....

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score

Sign him up!

BTW, we cant leave all these quality white guys only for WVU, Wiscy and Gonzaga. UConn needs to get in on this action. ;)

Are we even sure he's white? Looks like he had a little to much bounce to him.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Are we even sure he's white? Looks like he had a little to much bounce to him.
He got up pretty good, didn't he? As always, video highlight qualifying statement, but he looks like he could be a piece of the puzzle, or more eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom