Brad Bates resigns as Boston College athletic director | The Boneyard

Brad Bates resigns as Boston College athletic director

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
What's in it for the ACC? Unless ESPN is going to bank roll it, we're not going there.

Reaction Score
If ACC wants to have their TV network be a success they may want to add UConn.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I don't disagree @LoyalFanCT except that the ACC network appears to be a network in name only. They still have the same issues with Raycom that have always plagued it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Considering Bates has been the most pro-UConn AD on Nut Hill in fifteen years, I'm not sure his resignation is a good thing in the long term for the UConn-BC relationship. And I'm not referring to conference affiliation. I'm referring simply to scheduling.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Considering Bates has been the most pro-UConn AD on The Hill in fifteen years, I'm not sure his resignation is a good thing in the long term for the UConn-BC relationship. And I'm not referring to conference affiliation. I'm referring simply to scheduling.

I tend to believe it was more an evolution to "normal" with Bates, compared to the morons they had in there before.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I tend to believe it was more an evolution to "normal" with Bates, compared to the morons they had in there before.

I don't disagree with the assertion that they've been run by idiots for fifteen years, but since we haven't had the most rosiest of scheduling relationships with our other ex-conferencemates either (Miami, VT, Pitt, WVU, etc- none of whom we have played OOC in football or men's basketball unless the NCAA had us play in a tournament), it would appear "normal" is to not play us at all.

Reaction Score
The best way to marginalize UConn athletics is to not play us. I am surprised that the power 5 schools haven't all banded together and stop scheduling our WBB team. If you cant beat us then just put us out of business. That would actually be the smart business move.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The best way to marginalize UConn athletics is to not play us. I am surprised that the power 5 schools haven't all banded together and stop scheduling our WBB team. If you cant beat us then just put us out of business. That would actually be the smart business move.

Shush you! ;)

Reaction Score
I think for now they're taking the money and running. They know time is on their side so they're not sweating it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom