Bracketology | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Re: Charlie Crème Bracketology. "Note: Regions not reflective of Final Four pairings."

I know that the statement above has been explained by BY members each year that I have been a member, yet my understanding of the concept has failed me again. I get a little nervous when I see Notre Dame on the same side of the bracket as UConn. What is the likelihood that we would face the Irish in the final four? Thank you.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Do you mean in the national semifinal, as opposed to the championship game?

If Notre Dame is designated as the #2 or #3 overall seed — and it looks like they will be, unless they lose early in the ACC tournament — they wouldn't play UConn until the final.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Do you mean in the national semifinal, as opposed to the championship game?

If Notre Dame is designated as the #2 or #3 overall seed — and it looks like they will be, unless they lose early in the ACC tournament — they wouldn't play UConn until the final.
In the national semifinal.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If they win their conference tournaments Baylor & ND would undoubtedly be the 2 & 3 overall seeds. So assuming the top seeds all make it to Dallas, the Huskies wouldn't face either team until the finals. Right now, it looks like SC as the #4 overall seed.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Re: Charlie Crème Bracketology. "Note: Regions not reflective of Final Four pairings."

I know that the statement above has been explained by BY members each year that I have been a member, yet my understanding of the concept has failed me again. I get a little nervous when I see Notre Dame on the same side of the bracket as UConn. What is the likelihood that we would face the Irish in the final four? Thank you.
A lot of people get nervous about the probable meetings. If you like your team, and think they can beat a team(such as ND), what difference does it make WHEN they play them?

Plebe

Reaction Score
If they win their conference tournaments Baylor & ND would undoubtedly be the 2 & 3 overall seeds. So assuming the top seeds all make it to Dallas, the Huskies wouldn't face either team until the finals. Right now, it looks like SC as the #4 overall seed.

I would take it even further than that, and say that ND would only have to reach the final of the ACC tournament to lock up at least the #3 overall seed. SC has a chance to sneak ahead of ND only if SC wins out and ND loses early.

Reaction Score

Yeah, that little disclaimer confuses me too. After all, we're talking about a tournament: teams play each other, sometimes the higher ranked team loses and so cannot make it to the Final Four. Isnt that obvious in the context of a tournament? Why do we need the disclaimer?

Those are my thoughts when I see that disclaimer. Am I missing or misunderstanding what it means?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah, that little disclaimer confuses me too. After all, we're talking about a tournament: teams play each other, sometimes the higher ranked team loses and so cannot make it to the Final Four. Isnt that obvious in the context of a tournament? Why do we need the disclaimer?

Those are my thoughts when I see that disclaimer. Am I missing or misunderstanding what it means?

I understand that disclaimer to say that the four regions as they are laid out on that bracket will not necessarily reflect the Final Four pairings. The bracket shows the Bridgeport and Lexington regionals as being on the same side of the bracket. But Creme has clearly said that South Carolina is (for now) the overall #4 seed, which would mean that the Stockton regional would be paired with Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
I understand that disclaimer to say that the four regions as they are laid out on that bracket will not necessarily reflect the Final Four pairings. The bracket shows the Bridgeport and Lexington regionals as being on the same side of the bracket. But Creme has clearly said that South Carolina is (for now) the overall #4 seed, which would mean that the Stockton regional would be paired with Bridgeport.

Thanks. So, in other words, the disclaimer just means that the regions as Creme has them lined up/paired up may not be the way the committee will line/pair them up?

Reaction Score
Thanks. So, in other words, the disclaimer just means that the regions as Creme has them lined up/paired up may not be the way the committee will line/pair them up?
Correct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom