Bracketology Updated 2/14/17 | The Boneyard

Bracketology Updated 2/14/17

Reaction Score
Seems absurd that UConn and Maryland are together in the Bridgeport bracket when both the AP and the coaches polls have them as the number one and two ranked teams in the country, respectively. I understand the whole strength of schedule thing, but put me in Rebecca Lobo's camp, the committee is weighing that factor too heavily. Creme just ignores it in his accompanying write up; perhaps he too has become tired of trying to defend what they're doing to Maryland.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maryland is #2 in both AP and Coach pools.
Don't agree Maryland in #2 seed to play with #1 seed UConn.
And Tenn is #5 seed?

Reaction Score
Bracketology with Charlie Creme

Don't understand why the SEC (8 Teams) and Big 10 (6 Teams) are getting so much love.

Because the committee evaluates teams not conferences.
The Big10 has teams seeded 9th, 9th, and 10th (those 3 were also the last 3 in for Creme).
SEC has teams seeded 6th, 7th, 10th, 10th

Reaction Score
Seems absurd that UConn and Maryland are together in the Bridgeport bracket when both the AP and the coaches polls have them as the number one and two ranked teams in the country, respectively. I understand the whole strength of schedule thing, but put me in Rebecca Lobo's camp, the committee is weighing that factor too heavily. Creme just ignores it in his accompanying write up; perhaps he too has become tired of trying to defend what they're doing to Maryland.

Poll rankings are irrelevant.
The committee has put Maryland 9th for two straight releases. It's clear they will do no better than a 2 seed. Why does Creme need to explain? He's just following what the committee is saying.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

The coaches also have Louisville and Ohio State ahead of Duke........ and have South Florida still ranked..... so its obvious that they dont know that much :cool:

Reaction Score
Poll rankings are irrelevant.
The committee has put Maryland 9th for two straight releases. It's clear they will do no better than a 2 seed. Why does Creme need to explain? He's just following what the committee is saying.

I'm not knocking Creme, he's faithfully applying the bracketology science to the reveals and public statements made by the committee. But I'd like to see the committee give higher priority to other factors like the eye test and win/loss record so that they arrive at what an outcome that makes sense. How many of us really believe that there are seven teams in the country that are better than Maryland?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm not knocking Creme, he's faithfully applying the bracketology science to the reveals and public statements made by the committee. But I'd like to see the committee give higher priority to other factors like the eye test and win/loss record so that they arrive at what an outcome that makes sense. How many of us really believe that there are seven teams in the country that are better than Maryland?

UCONN, Baylor, South Carolina, Miss State, Florida State, Notre Dame, Texas..... how many is that :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom