Bracketology: Next four out! | The Boneyard

Bracketology: Next four out!

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
It's never too early for the Bubble Watch! Honestly, I'll take it at this point.

Side note: St. Mary's as a 5? Are they supposed to have another solid year? Guess so.

Reaction Score
Lunardi consistently performs in the bottom 25% when it comes predicting brackets. How he still has a job at ESPN after all those lay-offs is beyond me.

Reaction Score
He had us in the bracket after our two early losses (no need to be more specific than that) last year. He should remain employed there for decades for giving us some shred of hope when all else was lost.

But seriously, the dude is probably relatively cheap but generates a ton of web revenue relative to his cost. That's where it's at these days. The people getting laid off were more "on-air" focused. His credibility to the narrow group of hardcore bracket people doesn't matter. It matters that normal people who only pay attention to college basketball for 3 weeks a year think he's worth listening to.

Reaction Score
Because people click on his bracket updates and that's all that matters.

Exactly. The people who were laid off didn't get laid off because they were bad at their jobs. If anything, it was the opposite - the most respected reporters, journalists, and writers were let go because of the way the industry is changing.

Reaction Score
Would love to see Wichita State get a 3 seed and Cincinnati a 4 seed.

Reaction Score
Can't say I disagree, who knows what this team will be like. They could be pretty good or stink to high heaven.

Reaction Score
But is Joe's hair real??? That's the real question! ;)
I'm hoping for a "Kemba-Like" Junior year from Jalen. Not a huge stretch, considering they put up similar Sophomore #s & are Alpha-personality type of players. Insert Gilbert as the 2011 Bazz. Larrier as the 2011 Lamb. Add Vital the Sniper. If the current Frontcourt can provide 2011 level defense & intangibles. We've got a lot of depth in the Frontcourt. Someone will evolve in the Frontcourt. Practices should be competitive this year. No expectations are on us, but we've been through that before. Kinda excited for this year.

Reaction Score
But is Joe's hair real??? That's the real question! ;)
I'm hoping for a "Kemba-Like" Junior year from Jalen. Not a huge stretch, considering they put up similar Sophomore #s & are Alpha-personality type of players. Insert Gilbert as the 2011 Bazz. Larrier as the 2011 Lamb. Add Vital the Sniper. If the current Frontcourt can provide 2011 level defense & intangibles. We've got a lot of depth in the Frontcourt. Someone will evolve in the Frontcourt. Practices should be competitive this year. No expectations are on us, but we've been through that before. Kinda excited for this year.
Sorry, but I just don't see that Okwandu x-factor on this year's roster.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Would love to see Wichita State get a 3 seed and Cincinnati a 4 seed.
The American has only ever gotten one team seeded higher than 5 and that was Uof(many)L's in the inaugural season (who was actually at the time ranked 4th in the AP poll). I don't see it happening.

Reaction Score
The American has only ever gotten one team seeded higher than 5 and that was Uof(many)L's in the inaugural season (who was actually at the time ranked 4th in the AP poll). I don't see it happening.
The bottom of the league that year was truly horrific. Steep drop off after SMU, IIRC.

I think it's perfectly reason to assume that, if there's a middle class in the league, and the top is as good as we're hoping, those seeds would be possible.

Reaction Score
The bottom of the league that year was truly horrific. Steep drop off after SMU, IIRC.

I think it's perfectly reason to assume that, if there's a middle class in the league, and the top is as good as we're hoping, those seeds would be possible.

Funny man. No way, no how. The conference just doesn't command any respect. It truly gets less respect than the modest amount it deserves.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Because it's metrics are always terrible.

Only way to improve that is OOC wins against P5 opponents and avoiding upsets which I don't think anybody in the conference can say they've done well at both of those consistently since the Americans conception

Reaction Score
I hate bracketology, Lunardi, the whole thing, most particularly when we are outside of it. We are also on the outside of the ESPN hype machine now and it's a vicious circle.

Reaction Score
If we're in the tourney discussion at the end of the season, I will be pleasantly surprised

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom