Bracketology [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Bracketology [merged thread]

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

I like that Charlie has UConn in the Fort Wayne Region. Don't like the three seed is Oregon St. That's not a good match up for UConn with their Size. They have 6 players 6'3" or taller.

As the season progresses I don't see the Big Ten getting 9 Bids.

Did I overlook Notre Dame? I don't see them listed. Is that a Mistake by Charlie? :)

I know I shouldn't be kicking ND while they're down.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I like that Charlie has UConn in the Fort Wayne Region. Don't like the three seed is Oregon St. That's not a good match up for UConn with their Size. They have 6 players 6'3" or taller.
Yea, but that's looks like an S curve. UCONN as the #1 2 seed, we get Louisville as the #4 1 seed. I'd rather get Louisville in the Elite Eight game than Baylor/Oregon/S. Carolina. (although we'll see how we do against Oregon and S. Carolina soon) And if we have to beat Oregon St to do it, I'd still rather.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm curious. IF team USA beats L'ville by 25+, will that cause a change? I realize we still have games against Oregon and SC. Win both, we are guaranteed a 1 seed. Lose both, a 2 seed for sure. Split them, unsure... Lots of games left to be played tho.

Reaction Score
I'm curious. IF team USA beats L'ville by 25+, will that cause a change? I realize we still have games against Oregon and SC. Win both, we are guaranteed a 1 seed. Lose both, a 2 seed for sure. Split them, unsure... Lots of games left to be played tho.

I still don't see my Cardinals as a #1 seed. As I've said previously, right now they don't pass the "eye test." Several tough games left on the schedule, most notably February 13 at NC State.

As regards the Team USA game Sunday - Walz has said that he plans to play everybody. That would mean going 12 deep, including several players who only get on the court for a few minutes in blowouts. So I'm not expecting a close game. I'm just going to enjoy watching some of the recent WBB legends play.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The Team USA games are exhibitions. Not considered by the committee, no impact on seeding.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did I overlook Notre Dame? I don't see them listed. Is that a Mistake by Charlie? :)

Or should you?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I still don't see my Cardinals as a #1 seed. As I've said previously, right now they don't pass the "eye test." Several tough games left on the schedule, most notably February 13 at NC State.

As regards the Team USA game Sunday - Walz has said that he plans to play everybody. That would mean going 12 deep, including several players who only get on the court for a few minutes in blowouts. So I'm not expecting a close game. I'm just going to enjoy watching some of the recent WBB legends play.
Interestingly enough, UCONN did surprisingly well when we had Evelyn and Molly on the court. Geno played everyone as well. We just ran out of gas at the end and had no answers for Kelsey Plum! It will be a great experience for your squad. Once in a lifetime thing IMHO...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The Team USA games are exhibitions. Not considered by the committee, no impact on seeding.
I know that, but from an eye test perspective. Suddenly everyone thought Oregon would go undefeated after beating Team USA. Technically it no impact on seeding, etc, but it makes an impact on people...

Reaction Score

As the season progresses I don't see the Big Ten getting 9 Bids.

Yes! Oregon St might be the worst matchup that Uconn could possibly draw.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I know that, but from an eye test perspective. Suddenly everyone thought Oregon would go undefeated after beating Team USA. Technically it no impact on seeding, etc, but it makes an impact on people...
Sure, in terms of public opinion. You can never be certain that it wouldn't sway the committee members. I just personally don't think it will.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I don't think the committee would consider the game against the national team at all.

Reaction Score
Oregon St as a 3 seed in UConn’s region will be dangerous. UConn has struggled defending the 3 this year, and Oregon St has some great 3 point shooters. Oregon St does have size, but they only play Brown and Jones consistently. Pivec is underrated and should be an All American

Reaction Score
Oregon St as a 3 seed in UConn’s region will be dangerous. UConn has struggled defending the 3 this year, and Oregon St has some great 3 point shooters. Oregon St does have size, but they only play Brown and Jones consistently. Pivec is underrated and should be an All American
While Brown and Jones have taken most of the early post play minutes, their 6'7" developmental post Patricia Morris has played some important game minutes lately and has done well. I don't think Scott will show any hesitation in playing her from now on. By NCAA time their 6'9" Serbian post, who has been rehabbing, might also be ready to play. Even if she is not ready, the other three will be a mountain to climb for a short Uconn team.

Reaction Score
From the get go I have argued Oregon State is overrated.
What has that got to do with my statement that Oregon St would be a bad matchup for Uconn? Are you implying that Uconn is so good and Oregon St so bad that even a matchup would be of no consequence?

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Creme's Bracketology has been updated as of today 2-18-2020. UConn in the Portland region as a #2 with Oregon as the #1 and Miss State the #3.

Maryland is the #1 of the Fort Wayne region.

Reaction Score
I have updated my 2019-20 Creme Bracketology google spreadsheet with data from Bracketology LAST UPDATED: 2/18/20 1:00 AM ET

Changes By Conference

ACC - 5 bids (Louisville, NC State, Florida St., Virginia Tech and Duke)
Notes: Boston College and Georgia Tech added to 'Next 4 Out' ahead of North Carolina. NC State slides from #1 to #3. Duke firms from #12 to #9.

Big 12 - 5 bids (Baylor, TCU, Texas, Iowa St., Oklahoma St.)
Notes: Oklahoma St. replaces West Virginia (now in 'First 4 Out') as 5th Big 12 team. Oklahoma dropped from 'First 4 Out'.

Big Ten - 8 bids (Maryland, Iowa, Northwestern, Indiana, Ohio St., Purdue, Michigan and Rutgers)
Notes: Minnesota and Nebraska have dropped from 'First 4 Out' and 'Next 4 Out' over past fortnight. Maryland firms from #2 to #1, Ohio St. firms from #10 to #7 and Michigan slides from #8 to #10.

Pac-12 - 6 Bids (Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Arizona, Oregon St. and Arizona St.)
Notes: Arizona and Oregon St. swap #3 and #4 seeds.

SEC - 7 bids (South Carolina, Mississippi St., Texas A&M, Kentucky, LSU, Arkansas and Tennessee)
Notes: No changes.

AAC - 2 bids (UConn and UCF)
Notes: UCF added as #12 seed. No longer a 1 bid league for first time since Pre-season.

Big East - 3 bids (DePaul, Creighton, Marquette)
Notes: St. John's (NY) still in 'First 4 Out' with Seton Hall added to 'Next 4 Out'. Marquette slides from #9 to #11.

MVC - 3 Bids (Missouri St., Drake, Bradley)
Notes: UNI dropped from 'Next 4 Out'.

C-USA - 2 bids (Old Dominion and Western Ky.)
Notes: Rice dropped out. Middle Tenn. added to 'Next 4 Out'.

CAA - 1 bid (Drexel)
Notes: James Madison in 'Next 4 Out'.

Ivy - 1 bid (Princeton)
Notes: Yale dropped out 2 weeks ago.

MAAC - 1 bid (Marist)
Notes: Marist replaces Rider

MAC
- 1 bid (Central Mich.)
Notes: Ohio added to 'First 4 Out'.

OVC - 1 bid (Belmont)
Notes: Belmont replaces UT Martin

SoCon
- 1 bid (Samford)
Notes: Samford replaces Wofford

WAC
- 1 bid (Grand Canyon)
Notes: Grand Canyon replaces Kansas City

America East - 1 bid (Stony Brook)
ASUN - 1 bid (FGCU)
A10 - 1 bid (Dayton)
Big Sky - 1 bid (Montana St.)
Big South - 1 bid (Campbell)
Big West - 1 bid (UC Davis)
Horizon - 1 bid (IUPUI )
MEAC - 1 bid (Bethune-Cookman)
MWC - 1 bid (Fresno St.)
NEC - 1 bid (Robert Morris)
Patriot - 1 bid (Bucknell)
Southland - 1 bid (SFA)
Summit - 1 bid (South Dakota)
Sun Belt - 1 bid (Troy)
SWAC - 1 bid (Jackson St.)
WCC - 1 bid (Gonzaga)

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Great work here.
You seem to have left out Maryland. I think the Big Ten should be showing 8 bids.

It's a near-miracle that UCF is even in the conversation. Credit to Coach Abe and her expert gaming of the RPI. (I personally don't believe they would be in as of today, but just to be in the conversation is something.)

Reaction Score
I have updated my 2019-20 Creme Bracketology google spreadsheet with data from Bracketology LAST UPDATED: 2/24/20 3:00 AM ET

Changes By Conference

ACC - 6 bids (Louisville, NC State, Florida St., Virginia Tech, Duke and Georgia Tech)
Notes: Boston College in 'Next 4 Out'. NC State firms from #3 to #2. Georgia Tech added as 12 seed.

Big 12 - 4 bids (Baylor, Texas, Iowa St., Oklahoma St.)
Notes: West Virginia in 'First 4 Out'. Oklahoma St. dropped out (now in 'First 4 Out').

Big Ten - 8 bids (Maryland, Iowa, Northwestern, Indiana, Ohio St., Purdue, Michigan and Rutgers)
Notes: Northwestern & Iowa both firm from #4 to #3.

Pac-12 - 6 Bids (Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Arizona, Oregon St. and Arizona St.)
Notes: Colorado added to 'Next 4 Out'. UCLA slides from #2 to #3, Arizona slides from #3 to #4 and Oregon St. slides from #4 to #5.

SEC - 7 bids (South Carolina, Mississippi St., Texas A&M, Kentucky, LSU, Arkansas and Tennessee)
Notes: Texas A&M firms from #5 to #4 and Tennessee slides from #9 to #11.

AAC - 2 bids (UConn and UCF)
Notes: No changes.

Big East - 3 bids (DePaul, Creighton, Marquette)
Notes: St. John's (NY) still in 'First 4 Out' though Seton Hall dropped from 'Next 4 Out'. DePaul slides from #3 to #4 and Marquette firms from #9 to #11 (reverse of previous week).

MVC - 2 Bids (Missouri St., Drake)
Notes: Bradley dropped out (now in 'First 4 Out')

C-USA - 2 bids (Old Dominion and Western Ky.)
Notes: Rice replaced Middle Tenn. in 'Next 4 Out'.

CAA - 2 bids (Drexel, James Madison)
Notes: James Madison added as 12 seed.

MAAC - 1 bid (Rider)
Notes: Rider replaces Marist (reverse of previous week)

MAC - 1 bid (Central Mich.)
Notes: Ohio dropped from 'First 4 Out' to 'Next 4 Out'.

OVC - 1 bid (Belmont)
Notes: UT Martin replaces Belmont (reverse of previous week)

SoCon - 1 bid (Samford)
Notes: UNC Greensboro replaces Samford

Southland
- 1 bid (Sam Houston St.)
Notes: Sam Houston St. replaces SFA

Sun Belt - 1 bid (Coastal Carolina)
Notes: Coastal Carolina replaces Troy

America East - 1 bid (Stony Brook)
ASUN - 1 bid (FGCU)
A10 - 1 bid (Dayton)
Big Sky - 1 bid (Montana St.)
Big South - 1 bid (Campbell)