Bracketology has a new #1 seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
May it come to pass!

Reaction Score
I love those brackets, I would be very happy with something very much like that. Notre Dame - South Carolina, Duke - Louisville, and of course UConn - Tennessee sound like wonderful matchups.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
What happens to Louisville if they lose to UConn this week. Suspect Charlie will move South Carolina from a #2 seed to a 1 seed, providing So Carolina goes undefeated as well.

Just think committee will reward a conference champion instead of a team finishing 2nd in a conference if everything is relatively equal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This bracket makes sense for the most part. Huskies and Irish meeting in the finals - both undefeated. What a game.

Only thing I disagree with is the Vols being a 2 seed. They will most likely have to many losses.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
This bracket makes sense for the most part. Huskies and Irish meeting in the finals - both undefeated. What a game.

Only thing I disagree with is the Vols being a 2 seed. They will most likely have to many losses.

The problem will be…who else would be a 2….Are they going to make Gonzaga up there?
ND will wipe up the ACC.
Utenn may just slide through the really weak SEC with the rest of them 3 or worse.

Could be a lot of surprises, quite highly ranked in the Tourney.

Lots of parity after the Big-2. (my new conference), they should play 3 or 4 times a year,

Oops, we just did that, didn't we?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I like this a lot! It's where some of us have wanted to be since the announcement.

Reaction Score
Lovin' it! The idea of a UConn-TN matchup makes me want to plan to drive a couple of days to Lincoln. But it most likely will not happen, just because the tournament organizers seemingly will do anything to avoid this matchup. UConn could get the Lincoln bracket, but they'll find a way to send TN somewhere else.

RandomFan85

A Rogue LV Fan
Reaction Score
Lovin' it! The idea of a UConn-TN matchup makes me want to plan to drive a couple of days to Lincoln. But it most likely will not happen, just because the tournament organizers seemingly will do anything to avoid this matchup. UConn could get the Lincoln bracket, but they'll find a way to send TN somewhere else.

Of course these brackets never turn out, but TN would have lots of trouble getting by FSU, Baylor, or Cal in this scenario. Just my opinion, though.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Here's a good example of where moving down a seeding position could be beneficial. As a 2 seed, they might get UConn, but move down to a 3 seed, and they are more likely to end up in Louisville, which may be their easiest potenial path to Nashville.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think Baylor ends up as a 2 seed. We have won our toughest conference road games by winning at WVU, Okie St, and OU. WVU at home could be a challenge, as well as the game at UT, but I think Baylor could finish off the Big 12 without another lose.

How far will Louisville eventually drop after getting blown out by UCONN three times?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think Baylor ends up as a 2 seed. We have won our toughest conference road games by winning at WVU, Okie St, and OU. WVU at home could be a challenge, as well as the game at UT, but I think Baylor could finish off the Big 12 without another lose.

How far will Louisville eventually drop after getting blown out by UCONN three times?

If life is fair, to 4th overall. But...

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I thought it might be interesting to check to see how far apart Louisville and UConn are.

Per Sagarin, they are separated by about 13 points (expected margin on a neutral court)

To put that in perspective, that is roughly the separation between LSU and Seton Hall.

If Seton Hall played LSU three items and lost three times, would anyone be saying they need to rethink how good Seton Hall is?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If life is fair, to 4th overall. But...

Three losses, if blowouts, will drop Louisville farther than 4th, IMO. And I suspect that each game will be a blowout.

Baylor is now up to #6 in the USA Today Coaches Poll. Another loss by Duke, which will happen, and three Louisville losses to UCONN, will have Baylor at 4 if they win out in the Big 12.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Three losses, if blowouts, will drop Louisville farther than 4th, IMO. And I suspect that each game will be a blowout.

Baylor is now up to #6 in the USA Today Coaches Poll. Another loss by Duke, which will happen, and three Louisville losses to UCONN, will have Baylor at 4 if they win out in the Big 12.
I agree. I predicted that Baylor would get the 4th #1 seed. That is based on the mediocre talent in the big 12 and really everywhere.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jeff Walz recently made the point some here have been making about sending the #1 seed to the closest regional:

“I suppose there is a chance, if we lost three times to UConn, that the NCAA would make us a No. 2 seed and send it [UConn] to Louisville [for the Regional final]. But is that the best thing for the game?,” Walz said. “I don’t know. Do we worry about sending teams to the closest regional [Lincoln, Nebraska is next in line] or do we make it the best tournament we can make it? Would any more UConn fans travel to Louisville than they would Lincoln? You’re flying there anyway, so what’s the difference?"

Reaction Score
If UCONN we're to go undefeated.... Louisville would have 4 losses on the season... Hard to see them a # 1 seed. Would not mind seeing them a #2 in Notre Dame's bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom