Reaction Score
my own personal, just for fun version:

Albany: 1) UConn 2) Lville 3) OhSt 4) Vill
Lex KY: 1) NDame 2) MissSt 3) WVrg 4) USF
KnCity: 1) Texas 2) .UCLA. 3) Tenn 4) Maryland
Spokne: 1) SoCar 2) Baylor 3) Oreg 4) Fla St

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Without knowing where they end up in the rankings, I guarantee you the committee makes Mississippi State a #2 or 3 in our region to set up a story line.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Had a hard time finding a team. Initially had Duke!

Suggestions?

Duke :cool:;):):p:D:rolleyes:

No downright terrible losses..... 2 good wins albeit on the home floor.

Has TN lost a game yet? WVU only has that one win at TAMU.... but their schedule isnt good at all....

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Fyi Tennessee and Texas have never played in the tournament. So that would be a first.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don’t think SC is a 1-seed this year. But if so, I can’t imagine being sent out west AGAIN will go over well for South Carolina.

It won’t.

And if it does happen, Baylor (a strong 2) won’t be the 2 seed. If SC goes west again, they’ll get the best bracket... Again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t think SC is a 1-seed this year. But if so, I can’t imagine being sent out west AGAIN will go over well for South Carolina.

It won’t.

And if it does happen, Baylor (a strong 2) won’t be the 2 seed. If SC goes west again, they’ll get the best bracket... Again.

I had forgotten that SC has travelled far the last 2 years. Problem is that NDs win should give them dibs on Lexington.

Will be interesting

Reaction Score

Missing a 3rd PAC12 team. Louisville will be in the top 4. Ohio State won't be in the top 16, and possibly Tennessee & Texas will be out of the top 16 by end of regular season. Not sure about Maryland either.

Reaction Score
Missing a 3rd PAC12 team. Louisville will be in the top 4. Ohio State won't be in the top 16, and possibly Tennessee & Texas will be out of the top 16 by end of regular season. Not sure about Maryland either.

The lack of a 3rd PAC was by design. Not sure who that would be.

Louisville as a 1 seed?! Instead of whom?

And who would be all your replacements for tenn Tex md oh st?

Reaction Score
Texas is not a 1 seed at the moment. The game between Texas and Tennessee was horrible, almost unwatchable, unless you like cringing.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Texas is not a 1 seed at the moment. The game between Texas and Tennessee was horrible, almost unwatchable, unless you like cringing.

A few fans who actually appreciated the game. I hope there is no rule violation.

Reaction Score
That third Pac 12 team would be Oregon St. I actually think they are a better all around team than last year. Last year they were too reliant on Weisner. When she went cold in the playoff they suffered because they were used to her being the focus of the offense. She was 1-11 on three's in their last game against Florida St. The should have won that one but didn't adjust defensively when they had a big lead. One hot player beat them. SC was lucky to beat Florida St in the final- they got some questionable calls at the end of the game to win it. South Carolina had less trouble in the final four than they had in that regional.

I have never been a fan of teams who rely too much on one player no matter how good they are. Every player hits a cold streak and then the team has trouble adjusting on the fly. Weisner hit a cold streak starting with the conference championship against Stanford and it continued through the NCAA's. The team this year has plenty of shooters and they move the ball really well to hit the open man. They have only played two top teams but could very easily have won both. I think they are a more solid team than UCLA who has no inside game both offensively and defensively.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since this bracketology is just for fun, let's assume we take the top 16 teams in this weeks AP poll and construct a bracket based on them.

upload_2017-12-12_11-24-4.png

Albany: 1) UConn 2) Texas 3) Oregon 4) Missouri
Lex KY: 1) NDame 2) Tenn 3) WVirginia 4) Maryland
KnCity: 1) Louisville 2) Baylor 3) UCLA 4) Duke
Spokane: 1) SoCar 2) Miss St 3) Florida St 4) Ohio St

The above would be the ideal, per the NCAA, however conflict between South Car and Miss St would be an issue. Let's play committee and move South Car to the Kansas City and move Louisville to Spokane: how would that look:

KnCity: 1) South Car 2) Baylor 3) UCLA 4) Duke
Spokane: 1) Louisville 2) Miss St 3) Florida St 4) Ohio St

The problem is that the Spokane Regional does not have a PAC-12 team (either Oregon or UCLA), we could swap Oregon for Florida St:

Albany: 1) UConn 2) Texas 3) Florida St 4) Missouri
Spokane: 1) Louisville 2) Miss St 3) Oregon 4) Ohio St

I think I will stop there, at least Spokane has the top PAC-12 team in Oregon now...not perfect but, just for fun!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Since this bracketology is just for fun, let's assume we take the top 16 teams in this weeks AP poll and construct a bracket based on them.

View attachment 26894

KnCity: 1) Louisville 2) Baylor 3) UCLA 4) Duke
Spokane: 1) SoCar 2) Miss St 3) Florida St 4) Ohio St

The above would be the ideal, per the NCAA, however conflict between South Car and Miss St would be an issue. Let's play committee and move South Car to the Kansas City and move Louisville to Spokane: how would that look:

Spokane: 1) Louisville 2) Miss St 3) Florida St 4) Ohio St

The problem is that the Spokane Regional does not have a PAC-12 team (either Oregon or UCLA), we could swap Oregon for Florida St:

I think I will stop there, at least Spokane has the top PAC-12 team in Oregon now...not perfect but, just for fun!

Give Texas a break :rolleyes:. We took TX out twice in a row in our bracket. Please put TN in our bracket :D:D let SC anchor the LexKY regional after getting pushed to the west last year and let ND anchor KnCity.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That third Pac 12 team would be Oregon St. I actually think they are a better all around team than last year. Last year they were too reliant on Weisner. When she went cold in the playoff they suffered because they were used to her being the focus of the offense. She was 1-11 on three's in their last game against Florida St. The should have won that one but didn't adjust defensively when they had a big lead. One hot player beat them. SC was lucky to beat Florida St in the final- they got some questionable calls at the end of the game to win it. South Carolina had less trouble in the final four than they had in that regional.

I have never been a fan of teams who rely too much on one player no matter how good they are. Every player hits a cold streak and then the team has trouble adjusting on the fly. Weisner hit a cold streak starting with the conference championship against Stanford and it continued through the NCAA's. The team this year has plenty of shooters and they move the ball really well to hit the open man. They have only played two top teams but could very easily have won both. I think they are a more solid team than UCLA who has no inside game both offensively and defensively.
Wiese, not Weisner.

Reaction Score

View attachment 26894

All very reasonable.
Except, the committee will add up the ranks of the teams to make sure the regions are evenly balanced. Spokane has #3 #5 #9 #13 = 30.
The other regions are 35, 34, 37. So the committee would likely shuffle further to weaken the west.

Reaction Score

Louisville as a 1 seed?! Instead of whom?

And who would be all your replacements for tenn Tex md oh st?
PAC 12: Oregon, OR STATE, UCLA, or USC
Louisville instead of TX
Tex, MD, OH ST comment may have been a stretch comment since there are not that many quality women's programs defined this early in the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom